Paradise Beach Club or Bamboo Beach Club - Ocho Rios

TrishePat

We did Bamboo Beach in January 2009 on our own. They picked you up in an air conditioned bus in Ocho Rios Pier. They guides were very friendly and knowlegable about the sites you saw along the way. I think it took between 30-45 minutes. They would only take cash no credit cards. The beach itself was very nice, right down the way from the Beaches Resort. They will provide hair braiding and massages for cash. There was a small little shop for touristy stuff. The lunch of jerk chicken and rice was great. They will serve you at your lounge chairs. They had some entertainment, dancers etc. They will get people up to dance with them. My daughter & her friend rented a jetski in the neighboring beach for a 1/2 hour. There's a small little pier off the beach that you can walk on and sit at the end to enjoy the view. We had a great time. I think you would enjoy it. It's a very relaxing day at the beach.

• 1 year later...

This post was originally from 2013, but, I wondered if anybody had "newer" information on either of these beach excursions? I'm planning a honeymoon cruise for my daughter, and they will be on Carnival - and she would like to do Dunns River and a Beach. So, I was looking on comparison's on the two beaches offered on the excursions. I really want to keep them on a ship sponsored excursion in Jamaica. Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Edited by wrcjr98

The best beach in Ocho Rios to visit is Bamboo Blu Beach to just relax but if you looking all inclusive, food, drinks unlimited plus entertainment the i would say Bamboo Beach

Thanks Jiimy2K - It's hard to make a decision when I've never been!