Passport Question re: Inside Passage

Len3

My husband and I are sailing on the Sun, August 1st, out of Vancouver. My passport expires in September, but we'll be home on August 14th. Should I bother getting a new passport now or wait until we return and not have to worry about the timing.:confused:

You'll be fine if you wait until your return. As of today, you don't even need a passport to travel to Canada, although it greatly speeds up your Customs experience. DH just used his about-to-expire passport on a Vancouver trip with no trouble at all.

Because it is Canada and it is this year yoe will be fine. However, for Europe and the rest of the world(ecxcept Mexico) you passport needto be valid 6 months from the last day of your cruise. We are leaving for our Baltic cruise this month and will be home the middle of July and our passports would not expire until the middle of Aug, and where told the pasdsport authority that we had to renew now, they would not be valid for our travel

Yes, jezzdog is correct. We were required at least 6 months before the actual expiration date on the passport.

These things sometimes are easily forgotten, especially when you just returned from a vacation and have so many things to do. If you can get a new passport now, it's one less thing to do afterwards and one less thing to worry in your trip.

Have fun.

Archived