Changing who is in the cabin

warmwinds

Just want to double check...there's no problem with changing names (who is in the cabin) on an already booked reservation, is there? Say if one friend cancels, and another wants to take their place, that's ok, right?

With a question like this, I would ask either Celebrity or your Travel Agent.

Just want to double check...there's no problem with changing names (who is in the cabin) on an already booked reservation, is there? Say if one friend cancels, and another wants to take their place, that's ok, right?

I have done this on a cruise. I know there was a deadline (maybe final payment), but I am not sure of the deadline. I would also say check with Celebrity or your TA.

I did this a couple of months ago for a cruise that was past final payment. It was no problem as long as one of the original people booking the cruise will still be in the cabin. If it's before final payment, you can cancel and re-book, although whether that's your best option depends on whether the price has gone up or down since you booked.

One of the original booked passengers must remain booked for the cruise.

So does this mean if you are past the paid in full date and original passenger #1 is switched out for a new passenger that original passenger #2 must remain on the reservation and take the cruise?

So does this mean if you are past the paid in full date and original passenger #1 is switched out for a new passenger that original passenger #2 must remain on the reservation and take the cruise?

I'm sure there are counter examples, but this is usually the case, yes. They don't want people handing a cabin off entirely to someone else just to keep an early reservation price (for instance).

Archived