Last minute questions

We leave for our first cruise this Sunday (yay - I can't believe it is so close)! We're sailing on the Rhapsody, and I have a couple of last minute questions.

1) For those of you who enjoy Bingo, when is the best time to play - early in the week, later? I love Bingo and can't wait to play (although hubby thinks I'm crazy).

2) We are trying to decide what to do in terms of taking our camera on shore excursions. We have a digital camera and are planning to take it on the cruise. Our shore excursions include Dolhon Swim and Snorkel in Cozumel, Rays and Reef Combo with lunch in Grand Cayman, and the 4X4 Safari Adventure in Ocho Rios (that one ends at Dunns Falls).

So, the question is...do we leave our digital camera on board, or do we take it with us?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marisa

Hi Marissa,

Can't help you with the bingo questions - but we have taken the digital with us everywhere we go. When you do the underwater swims - I have found those underwater cameras really work well - In fact one of our favorite pictures from Grand Cayman this year was taken with one of those cheapie cameras. My husband probably snapped 1000 plus pics with the digital. I don't think you can ever have too many.

They will take your pictures at the Dolphin Experience - but sometimes the one shot doesn't do it.

Hi Marissa,

Can't help you with the bingo questions - but we have taken the digital with us everywhere we go. When you do the underwater swims - I have found those underwater cameras really work well - In fact one of our favorite pictures from Grand Cayman this year was taken with one of those cheapie cameras. My husband probably snapped 1000 plus pics with the digital. I don't think you can ever have too many.

They will take your pictures at the Dolphin Experience - but sometimes the one shot doesn't do it.

What do you do with your digital though when you are on an underwater swim?

Disposable, one use underwater camera, leave the nice one in your stateroom, safely locked into the safe, if you have one. If not, lock your valuables left in the stateroom in your suitcase, under the bed.

They will have a photographer there taht will take pictures and them post them in the shop for your purchase. They took great photos and we end up buying more than we usually do for that kind of thing.

Enjoy !!

They will have a photographer there taht will take pictures and them post them in the shop for your purchase. They took great photos and we end up buying more than we usually do for that kind of thing.

Enjoy !!

They had them on the excursions?

But when is the best time to play - beginning to cruise, end, middle?????
Hmm, well I play ALL. :D Early in the cruise will be the "win a cruise" game. Ya gotta play that one! At the end of the cruise is the big jackpot game. In between are all the smaller money pots but they are fun as well. So, I guess if you're going to limit your bingo-playing time I would choose the "win a cruise" game and the last couple of days when the big jackpot is at stake. :)

I would definately go with the end of the cruise. The jackpot on the last 2 voyager class cruises was over $10,000! That of course was due to the fact the ship has over 3,000 people on it. The theater was packed on the last day. Bingo for a cruise is always fun.

We leave for our first cruise this Sunday (yay - I can't believe it is so close)! We're sailing on the Rhapsody, and I have a couple of last minute questions.

1) For those of you who enjoy Bingo, when is the best time to play - early in the week, later? I love Bingo and can't wait to play (although hubby thinks I'm crazy).

2) We are trying to decide what to do in terms of taking our camera on shore excursions. We have a digital camera and are planning to take it on the cruise. Our shore excursions include Dolhon Swim and Snorkel in Cozumel, Rays and Reef Combo with lunch in Grand Cayman, and the 4X4 Safari Adventure in Ocho Rios (that one ends at Dunns Falls).

So, the question is...do we leave our digital camera on board, or do we take it with us?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Marisa

Leave your expensive camera on the ship unless you want to be worrying about it instead of enjoying the excursion you paid so much for.

We've played Bingo on the Rhapsody for 3 trips now & have never won a thing. But it's fun! First trip we went broke playing every game. It's a bit expensive. Last trip we only played towards the end. Pace yourself though. Those $35 cards add up fast!

You can play bingo anytime, the more people the bigger the prizes, in February we were on the Mariner, and the couple we were with won the jackpot $11,900 all in cash!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a way to end your cruise.

We did the dophin swim in Cozumel last summer, take your cameria. There are lockers there you can put your stuff in...no problem. The pictures they take are wonderful and they also have a video you can buy. They will show it to you when the swim is over. We used our cameria's video option to tape the sections we were in. It worked out great.

We did the dophin swim in Cozumel last summer, take your cameria. There are lockers there you can put your stuff in...no problem. The pictures they take are wonderful and they also have a video you can buy. They will show it to you when the swim is over. We used our cameria's video option to tape the sections we were in. It worked out great.

Thanks!

Archived