I'm still waiting for the news to show the first person to file a lawsuit

ma_t_gus

I think some of the passengers should be held liable for vandalizing that ship!!!! I saw where some had drawn pictures on the walls. Some depricated in the halls just because they could. I saw where folks had taken bed linens and bath robes to write out stupid messages. I'm sure some of these folks acted like real animals.....

The pictures people drew all over the walls really confused me. On what planet is that okay?

I felt sorry for the woman who has a three year old child that had just finished toilet training. On the ship she had to explain to him that he should pee in the shower. That's gonna take some fixing when they get home. ;)

I bet once things get sorted out, that a phone call to Carnival and they will probably work with folks on lost wages without having to sue.

I suspect that's true. People who can document lost wages will probably be compensated voluntarily by Carnival.

I am totally against people filing lawsuits, but since there was prior problems on the Triumph, I believe the passengers are entitled to additional compensation. As far as injuries go, Infliction of Emotional Distress will be the way around that. Watch how many people go seek "medical treatment" now.

The standard for negligent infliction of emotional distress claim is that the distress must be related to a physical injury. Inconvenience and discomfort or not sufficient.

Me too, I'd love to score some high value cruises.

lol well I haven't cruised CCL and never plan too after this, though it seems like the crew on board did a good job so if I won a free cruise I would go, but other then that I think the CEO, president, and other high ups need to do a much better job and keeping the ship better. I mean this same think seemed to happen in 2010 if I remember right, says something about the company

I would guess there were probably lawyers pushing aside camera crews as passengers disembarked telling them to file a lawsuit and it was a slam dunk. The passengers should be reimbursed for all their expenses but the big winners will end up being those lawyers that convince passengers to file lawsuits. Big losers will be those passngers that filed since they will end up paying the legal costs. This incident was likely an accident and Carnival will survive. Heck, we'll probably sail with them again next year. :)

No matter what happens - if the passengers sue or not - Carnivals reputation is going to be seriously damaged. Anyone in the USA thinking about a cruise for the next couple of YEARS will associate Carnival with pooping in bags, raw sewage in the hallways, long lines for food, etc etc.

Carnival will not be hurt. Look at Costa Condordia. It did not hurt "Carnival's" bookings, but maybe Costa.

I can see people suing for the Costa accident especially because 32 people died however **it happens and sometimes it cannot be helped. I HOPE ANYONE THAT SUES GETS NOTHING ****************

That is what is wrong with the world today everyone wants to sue and no one wants to go out and make a decent hardworking job like the good old days.....

Why would you guess that? Especially given that lawyers have certain ethical duties to clients, including prospective clients.

Not to mention that filing a losing lawsuit does not exactly seem to be the wisest way to build a practice.

I would guess there were probably lawyers pushing aside camera crews as passengers disembarked telling them to file a lawsuit and it was a slam dunk. The passengers should be reimbursed for all their expenses but the big winners will end up being those lawyers that convince passengers to file lawsuits. Big losers will be those passngers that filed since they will end up paying the legal costs. This incident was likely an accident and Carnival will survive. Heck, we'll probably sail with them again next year. :)

Archived