Nine Miles bob marley Jamaica

cjr8882

• 4 months later...

do not take a baby on this excursion.

I am a bob marley fan, it was the highlight of my cruise 4 or 5 years ago.

LISTEN to your guide. If he says do not "pick it up" do NOT pick it up. He will take care of you, once you are off the compound.

The walk up to the compound was difficult after the amount of punch I drank. :) I felt awkward because it is his tomb as well as Marley's home, and I felt some ppl were quite disrespectful, and did not listen to the guide, when he explained customs and rules and respect.

Edited by CincinnatiKayte

Another child question:

Our group includes my 16 month old grandaughter. Would we be able to take her with us on this excursion?

16 month yes, 16 years old no. There is open use of herb. I don't think a single exposure would be remembered. Well I didn't growing up not too far away. Our tour was very short with a guide who was funny as heck but high as a kite.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Edited by Blk_Amish

How did you get to Nine Mile from MoBay? Which tour operator or taxi driver did you use? I want to do this soooo bad, but DH is afraid that we won't make it back to the ship in time. He's got a valid point, but I do always seem to throw caution to the wind:rolleyes: Traveling is all about the experience, right?

Thanks for any and all info!

One love!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone done this through Royal Caribbean Excursions? I would like to book this tour, but I'm a bit leary of what the buses are like and such. I imagine with a 2-hour trip each way you don't get much, if any time, in Falmouth to do any shopping or anything like that? Is there a washroom on the bus?