Nice to Monte Carlo Port

FPJC03

We are arriving 2 days early and not using Regent's transfers. What is the most efficient way to get our luggage and the two of us from downtown Nice hotel to the port in Monte Carlo? I know there are shuttle companies going from the airport to downtown Nice but do they also go to Monte Carlo? And what would the price per person be? Thanks for any guidance.

Try http://www.friend-in-france.com

I think that is their website. If you Google them you will find them. We used them last year for transfers from airport to Nice, then Nice to Monte Carlo to our ship. The company is run by an English lady, Mira, who is very nice. She took us door to door each time. Cost was 35 euros from airport, then 70 euros to Monte Carlo (I think). That was for the two of us and our luggage. Hope this helps!

Thank you Marg. I appreciate your recommendation. Did you also use them for any tours? I see on their site that they provide 1/2 day and full day tours as well. But I didn't know if they had informative local guides to do that.

If anyone has more info on this company or another one to recommend for tours, we would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for the referral on the airport transport.

FRANK from Cleveland, Ohio USA

Hi Frank

No, we did not do tours. We stayed in a lovely apartment in Nice on the Rue de France, booked through http://www.yourniceapartment.com. We caught the train to Antibes and went there for the day, very easy. The next day we caught the bus to St Paul de Vence and had the day there. Again, very easy. We like to do our own thing!!

Good luck!

Margaret

Margaret,

We also like to travel on our own if we know the scenic interesting places to visit. What did you see in Antibes and Vence? Heard that Eze was also very beautiful as well. How long did the trip take you on the bus for the day round trip? Thanks for the info.

Frank

Margaret,

We also like to travel on our own if we know the scenic interesting places to visit. What did you see in Antibes and Vence? Heard that Eze was also very beautiful as well. How long did the trip take you on the bus for the day round trip? Thanks for the info.

Frank

Frank

The trip on the bus was about 45 minutes one way to Vence. Make sure to get on the bus in the bus station near Place Massena or it may be too full and you won't get on it.

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/400%20BD.pdf

This link is the bus timetable. Lundi a Mercredi means Monday to Friday and Samedi et Dimanche is Sat and Sun.

Eze is beautiful too. Smaller than St Vence but much nearer! The buses only cost 1 euro per journey so very cheap. St Paul is a hill top medieval village with lovely galleries, restaurants and shops, as is Eze.

http://www.lignesdazur.com/ftp/lignes_FR/112%20BD.pdf

This is the Eze timetable.

Antibes is lovely, on the coast and nice to walk. We also did the bus tour from the harbour to Cap St Ferrat, another lovely seaside town, well worth a visit. The trains are easy to navigate too with automatic ticket machines at the station with English. You then have to validate your ticket before boarding the train. Listen whilst on the train as they announce the next station.

Any more questions, just ask!!

Margaret

Archived