E Doc Question(again)

nomie

Tried posting this before but it didn't print. Anyhow I was just wondering what the E Docs look like. I got mine tonight but am having a hard time opening it up. Is it a ticket to print out? I just want to know what I am looking for. Also the TA said something about printing out luggage tags. Has anyone done this and where on the luggage would you put it? I like the old way of mailing out the docs. I was able to open up part of the e-mail but it just looked like a confirmation of my information and no tickets.

nomie,

I know what you mean, I had trouble figuring out

mine also. The document should have an attachment. The

first time they were emailed to me, the attachment

was left off, so they had to re-send them.

Basically the ticket part will look like the ticket they mail out,

except it is all on one page, cruise copy, and

your copy. I cut mine into half, like I do my airline boarding

passes, and made them into a booklet.

They said for us to pick up luggage tags

at the pier.

sammymd

Thanks. I finally got it right. Just printed out 9 pages. Picking up the luggage tags at pier is a big pain. I want to just drop off the luggage and then go and park,not mess with tags. Oh well.

Thanks. I finally got it right. Just printed out 9 pages. Picking up the luggage tags at pier is a big pain. I want to just drop off the luggage and then go and park,not mess with tags. Oh well.

With only 11 days getting tags from NCL might be difficult. One thing that has been posted here many times and I have done is to print a sheet of mailing labels. The porters should have tags.

You just unload your bags, slap a sticker on the tags, and go park.

You need to put the normal luggage tag info on the label. Ship Name, Cabin #, Date, and your name. Your regular tags will have your address.

I used 1X4 Avery 8161 labels

We received our electronic tickets but no luggage tags and I was wondering. My husband called the TA and they said NCL no longer sends them out, they are available at the pier, and I was hoping this was true. Good idea about the stickers. Thanks much.

We received our electronic tickets but no luggage tags and I was wondering. My husband called the TA and they said NCL no longer sends them out, they are available at the pier, and I was hoping this was true. Good idea about the stickers. Thanks much.

Question your TA should answer. If they are not sending them out anymore how come most passengers still get them ? :)

The day will come when that is true but the facts as I understand them is many online TA have elected on there own to only provide electronic tickets. It is all about cost. No paper docs to check, repack, and send overnight.

I have recieved paper docs and luggage tags for my last 3 direct booked NCL cruises while those I cruised with got edocs from their online TAs.

It is really no big deal for those of us here that can pull all the info from the website. If my dad got edocs he would have no clue how to even open the file. Basic email is the extent of his online skills.

I still think it is special when that FedX package shows up. One more "tradition" that will soon be history :rolleyes:

How do you do the doc dance with an image on the screen :D

Tapdance.gif

Speaking of the E docs, I received mine about a month ago - just a day or two after completing the pre-registration on the NCL website. Yesterday, I received an email from my TA stating that NCL was reminding me to pre-register. When I checked back on the NCL website, there was no record that I had ever completed the registration forms, even though they obviously were completed since I received my documents a day later.

NCL is not off to a good start with me.

Speaking of the E docs, I received mine about a month ago - just a day or two after completing the pre-registration on the NCL website. Yesterday, I received an email from my TA stating that NCL was reminding me to pre-register. When I checked back on the NCL website, there was no record that I had ever completed the registration forms, even though they obviously were completed since I received my documents a day later.

NCL is not off to a good start with me.

Douey ~ registering on line really isn't related to when you receive your edocs. Actually, quite the opposite. You shouldn't be able to register on-line until AFTER you receive your docs. I would chalk this one up to a glitch in the computer. And, please don't base your entire cruise experience on this one minor incident. I'm sure that no matter what happens, you'll have an absolute blast!!! My motto has always been that the worst day on a cruise is still better than my best day at work :)

Happy Sailing!!! :D

Just to let everyone know that you CAN call NCL to have the luggage tags sent to you. I called today and at first the guy said no so I asked to speek to someone else. He transfered me to whoever was in charge of tickets and that guy said no problem,I should have them in a couple of days. So now we shall see.

Archived