water shoes?

Thanks for all of the helpful information for first time cruisers like me. Maybe you can help me with something. I'm from the desert and I've never needed water shoes but I've read that they are recommended so your feet don't get cut on the coral at the beach. When I found water shoes in the store, I thought they looked a little odd since I'm more of a strappy sandle kinda gal. Does anyone have any more fashionable suggestions? Also, I hate to admit that I don't know what DW stands for. Thanks!

Thanks for all of the helpful information for first time cruisers like me. Maybe you can help me with something. I'm from the desert and I've never needed water shoes but I've read that they are recommended so your feet don't get cut on the coral at the beach. When I found water shoes in the store, I thought they looked a little odd since I'm more of a strappy sandle kinda gal. Does anyone have any more fashionable suggestions? Also, I hate to admit that I don't know what DW stands for. Thanks!

Go to Lands End, order the waterproof trek sandals. I bought them last year for our water excursions, and wore them all the time they were so comfy!!

It depends on who you talk to but DW stands for Dear Wife or Dumb Wife.

When I found water shoes in the store, I thought they looked a little odd since I'm more of a strappy sandle kinda gal. Does anyone have any more fashionable suggestions? !

By definition, they're protective, sporty type shoes. You're not going to find anything really attractive. They are really a great thing; imagine how a cut foot (even if it wasn't infected) would put a cramp in your vacation plans.

I go barefoot on the beach and for wading in the shallow water, and there's no need to wear them to the pool. But I have water shoes for snorkeling, etc. In fact, I'll probably wear flip-flops to the beach and carry the water shoes in my bag until they're needed. I'll definitely bring them on our next trip since we plan to ride the jet skis on Cocoa Cay. I appreciate the extra traction as much as the protection.

One more thing: Lands' End water shoes really are the best. They have a shoe-string type closure that allows for a better fit than the Walmart models.

Most of the beaches in the caribbean are nice sand and water shoes are not necessary. I bought them to do the falls in jamaica and also for the beaches we went on in Aruba we needed them. Normally they would not be necessary.

Archived