Courtyard San Juan Miramar

cctimmom

Have you stayed here?

Where would you go to eat? Walking distance? or Taxi? (even if you didn't stay at this hotel, where would you recommend eating?)

Would you recommend doing something in San Juan (like OSJ) the morning of the cruise, or would you just head to the port?

About how much is a taxi to the port from this hotel? (Pan Am)

I can only answer one of your questions since I haven't stayed in that area on previous pre cruise stays. I would definitely head to the ship as early as you can. I've taken Serenade several times from San Juan and was on the ship by 11:45 AM. It's great to explore, make speciality restaurant reservations, check out your table in the dining room, all while the ship is half empty. I was thinking about reserving at the Mirimar. Did you get a good rate?

I can only answer one of your questions since I haven't stayed in that area on previous pre cruise stays. I would definitely head to the ship as early as you can. I've taken Serenade several times from San Juan and was on the ship by 11:45 AM. It's great to explore, make speciality restaurant reservations, check out your table in the dining room, all while the ship is half empty. I was thinking about reserving at the Mirimar. Did you get a good rate?

I got this hotel for $95 as a post cruise (coming up on Mar. 17th). I figured I'll be all beached out and we are planning on touring OSJ so don't care if it's not on the beach! I felt it was a good price....hopefully the hotel is decent! :)

• 2 weeks later...

We stayed there 2 years ago pre-cruise. There's a restaurant called Lima Restaurante that is down the road. It's very good. I do recommend it for dinner. It's Peruvian food. There's a Puerto Rican cafe that has really good omelets for breakfast in the morning that's in the same area. The hotel can direct you to these places. It's cheaper and less crowded than the restaurant in the hotel. It's easy walking distance.

Archived