Disorderly Conduct on Navigator 5/28/05 Sailing ~ My Review!

Sheila,

Thanks so much for the great review. We are leaving next month, and I can't wait.We are taking our 2 daughters 18 &19....they are looking forward to it too.

Youngest daughter graduates from High School next Friday, and I have been so stressed with all the family coming out here from the East Coast.....I am going to need this cruise!!

Thanks Again,

Ollie:)

Sheila

I wonder if you can answer a question? But first a bit of background, we were on Navigator on her May 7th Eastern Caribbean sailing and I am very surprised that Captain Bang did not attend your M&M as he did attend ours.

However, one of my colleagues here in the UK has a family member who works on Navigator and he advised us when we met him onboard that some changes that were going to happen whilst she was in dry dock after her return to Miami on 21st May.

He thought that the major changes were going to be on the Royal Promenade and that the Vintages Wine bar may be replaced by a 'sports bar'. As this is nearly opposite the 'Two Poets Pub' could you confirm this? It was also thought that the shops were going to change, did you notice anything specific from the logo shop, or as the ship plans now show a Tommy Hilfiger?

Obviously due to the nature of my post I'm very interested to see if the Vintages Wine bar has been removed as this will only leave Mariner with this type of venue which we enjoyed greatly last year.

Thanks

peteukmcr - Evidently someone offended Tj (Mrs. Captain Bang) here on the boards recently and she said she would no longer post nor would her or the Captain be part of the M & M in the future. I don't know the particulars but am sorry to see such a great resource of information leave the boards as well as feeling bad for whatever was said to so deeply offend her.

Weirdeyes thanks so much for the great review. Definately stay at the Intercontinental, we got it on easyclicktravel dot com for $153 total with a port view in April and am now getting it for $109 for our November cruise. The service was top-notch, it was a great place to begin our vacation.

Thanks again for taking the time to post a great review.

Njoyndride - thanks for the update. I'd really like to know who and how they offended Mrs & Captain Bang as that is a great shame and awful insult to them both. I met both Captain & Mrs Bang at our M&M on Navigator on our May 7th sailing and spent a long time in conversation with Mrs Bang (Tj) at the C&A welcome back party on that cruise. Mrs Bang was charming and told wonderful stories of recent trips, their family and their forthcoming vacation on Jewel from the UK.

Whoever insulted either or both of them should be ashamed!

Does Peat Taylor do private tours, where you get to pick everywhere you go, or only standard excursions with larger groups?

We did a custom tour because we had a group of 9. Peat had several other bus tours that were full....around 20-25 people each bus. He does the standard tour of Dunn's River Falls, Fern Gully, etc. and then customizes it to what you want. I know one group of one of the tour buses wanted to do the tubing. Just e-mail him and he'll answer all of your questions. I'm pretty sure he'll do whatever you want to do. Have a great time! We sure enjoyed it.

How was the Weekend Warrior Bar.

This will be my second trip on the NOS and They have replaced Vintages with the Weekend Warrior.

Can you tell me about it.

You are so right about Two Poets.....THat is where we hung out at all week too.

We loved the place!

Pete ~ Vintages is still on the Navigator's Royal Promenade. I was surprised to see it since I heard that they were replacing it with Weekend Warriors Sports Bar. I only saw a couple of people in Vintages all week. The Pub stayed pretty much crowded...especially at night.

Tivvy ~ See the above to Pete. No Weekend Warrior on the Navigator.

Sharon ~ Thanks for the explaination about Captain Bang and his wife, TJ. I was really looking forward to meeting TJ. I hate that someone insulted her and ruined everyone else being able to meet her and the Captain. She seems like such a nice person. I hope that whomever did it apologizes.

Thanks for all of the positive comments on my review. I enjoyed writing it because it brought back such fond memories. I'll truly miss the Navigator and all of the people I met (crew and CC members).

Archived