Finally...a price drop!!

hayesktrm

Well it wasn't until a few days later when I checked again that I remembered everyone is entitled to price adjustment before final payment, :eek: DUH!! Luckily there was a $40 drop. Then a couple of nights later someone posted about "more the merrier" & there was another $40 drop. Final payment is due this Thursday & I've been checking hourly with no luck, but I'm happy for the $80 that I did get.

So anyone can get a price adjustment prior to the Final payment? I didn't realize this, I thought you only got it if you booked Early Saver.

Has anybody every receive a price adjustment for Military fair ?

I asked about this since I have a CAC card for the navy, and although not in the navy, I dont think they'd notice the difference in paperwork. I was wrong. they said that only military can get that rate, you must send in your LES, or retirement papers to get the rate. I assume if you aren't in the military, they won't let you have it.

I asked about this since I have a CAC card for the navy, and although not in the navy, I dont think they'd notice the difference in paperwork. I was wrong. they said that only military can get that rate, you must send in your LES, or retirement papers to get the rate. I assume if you aren't in the military, they won't let you have it.

My Husband is retired from the USMC..we purchased the Military rate, but know it went down and I was told, that we do not get a price adjustment.

I have not made the final payment yet.

I paid the full fare all at one time over the phone with Carnival about 2 weeks ago for a cruise that sails the end of this month.

If the fare drops between now and the end of the month, do I get some kind of a discount back to me?

I paid the full fare all at one time over the phone with Carnival about 2 weeks ago for a cruise that sails the end of this month.

If the fare drops between now and the end of the month, do I get some kind of a discount back to me?

Nope. :( I believe you can get price adjustments within 48 hours of booking. I've read that some people have had luck getting an upgrade if the fare goes down after final payment and they're not booked Early Saver, but you won't get a refund.

Yes, it's my understanding that you only get OBC after final payment if you book Early Saver. That's the point of the program. I wasn't sure if my DS and his GF would be able to make the cruise, so I booked them under past guest. The rest of us are booked under early saver. So, I'm getting discounts for them now and they are adjusting the price, but once we have paid in full, we are done with the discounts. On our other reservations, if the price goes down, we will get that back via OBC.

More great news!!! Looked again today and my DS and GF's went down under the 3-day sale. It went down another $60 and then we get a $100 OBC as well. So, $200 in two days! It's so nice when you budget for something and it comes in less than you think. Now I can think about doing Nachi Cocum in Cozumel!!

Archived