Q's for nbsjcruiser regarding Majesty

Dode

Hello, I saw in some previous posts where you really like the Majesty. We like the itinerary for the 5 day cruise out of Miami next year. We've been on Explorer, Voyager, Adventure, Serenade and Freedom. Our favorite is Serenade (small ship-older crowd) - least is Freedom (bigger ship-family crowd). We are a little nervous about booking Majesty because of the age of the ship. What can you tell us about your experience that you loved so much? Any downsides? Everyone else please feel free to chime in if you have some advice for us.

We also LOVE the Majesty! She was the first ship I sailed on and she got me hooked! While the ship is older, they have renovated a couple of times so she is in good shape. We enjoy the small ship feel for these 3 or 4 day cruises and don't feel like we are missing anything that we usually have on the bigger ships(which we love as well!)

She has a johnny rockets and a compass deli(sandwiches and such) on top of the usual windjammer and main dining room so you have options of where to eat. There are plenty of activities and things to do. I think you will enjoy it, after all you will be on a cruise and not at work!!

We are sad to think that the Majesty may be next in the line of retired ships so we are looking to sail on her a couple more times before then! Enjoy your trip!

Hello, I saw in some previous posts where you really like the Majesty. We like the itinerary for the 5 day cruise out of Miami next year. We've been on Explorer, Voyager, Adventure, Serenade and Freedom. Our favorite is Serenade (small ship-older crowd) - least is Freedom (bigger ship-family crowd). We are a little nervous about booking Majesty because of the age of the ship. What can you tell us about your experience that you loved so much? Any downsides? Everyone else please feel free to chime in if you have some advice for us.

Don't be concerned about the age of the ship. It is very well maintained inside and out.

Here's a link to some of my pics of the Majesty. She's in great shape!:

https://plus.google.com/photos/103084935451172592303/albums/5823736154453583249?authkey=CJGWjreLv-uFLg

We have found that the staff on that ship was THE best of any ship we've been on and we've been on all different sizes of ship on different cruise lines. The food is good and I enjoy the Compass Deli - great sandwiches and chocolate crepes. I especially enjoy the 4 day itinerary (I assume that's the one you are referring to). I love a stop in Key West - a great way to spend a day. You cannot go wrong, trust me.

Thank you so much nbsjcruiser. Your pictures were very helpful and the ship looks beautiful and pristine condition. I appreciate the effort. Key West is one of our favs too and there are not too many cruises that stop there.

Thank you all for the helpful comments.

Sorry about the confusion regarding days/nights. Next Feb, the ship sails out on Monday with stops in Key West, Bahamas, Coco Cay and returns on Friday. It is just perfect for a winter get-away from the weather in NE Ohio!

I just sailed that intenerary on the Majesty last week 11-Feb to 15-Feb. Left Miami on Monday, stopped in Nassau on Tuesday, Coco Cay on Wednesday, Key West on Thursday, and back to Miami on Friday.

It was our first cruise, so I have nothing to compare it to. However, we felt the ship was well maintained (although starting to slightly show it's age since it's last makeover), the staff was extremely pleasant/helpful, the shows were good, and overall it was a great cruise.

Dan.

Thank you so much nbsjcruiser. Your pictures were very helpful and the ship looks beautiful and pristine condition. I appreciate the effort. Key West is one of our favs too and there are not too many cruises that stop there.

Thank you all for the helpful comments.

Sorry about the confusion regarding days/nights. Next Feb, the ship sails out on Monday with stops in Key West, Bahamas, Coco Cay and returns on Friday. It is just perfect for a winter get-away from the weather in NE Ohio!

Glad I could help and you're right, that is a perfect itinerary. Enjoy!

Archived