The definitive Cheers program Thread

pbsteve

Phew. I was getting seriously worried over hear. ;) You know, because a little more than 24 hours away from sail away there is nothing else to worry about at all (getting to the airport, plane being on time, getting our luggage all in one piece, kids being left behind with grandpa... LOL) I gotta focus on the little things or the big ones will overwhelm me!

Lol, I guess alcohol drinks are like food, taste is subjective. Don't forget your passports, or birth certificate. My brother did.

Lol, I guess alcohol drinks are like food, taste is subjective. Don't forget your passports, or birth certificate. My brother did.

AHHHH!!! I'd be soooo bummed. Yeah, Passports and all boarding information and confirmations are tucked into a BRIGHT green pocket folder so that I can't avoid seeing it. I really do think I have enough things squared away that I should be able to focus on the drinking!

The other days what ever we had left at the end of the night we would get unopened beers. During port days we would take the unopened beers with us, in a collapsible cooler into port. Saved us some money while in port!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is exactly what I intend to do!! You didn't have any problems taking them off the ship??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AHHHH!!! I'd be soooo bummed. Yeah, Passports and all boarding information and confirmations are tucked into a BRIGHT green pocket folder so that I can't avoid seeing it. I really do think I have enough things squared away that I should be able to focus on the drinking!

Luckily we had 3 extra days in NOLA before the cruise, he had it overnighted to him. Have fun on your cruise.

We took advantage of the cheers program on the Dream in mar 2013. It was perfect for my partner and I. I hit the 15 max 1 day on the 7day cruise. The other days what ever we had left at the end of the night we would get unopened beers. During port days we would take the unopened beers with us, in a collapsible cooler into port. Saved us some money while in port!

We plan to do the cheers package again when we go on the fantasy in April.

BTW I loved the long islands and that will be my first drink, while I'm signing up for the program as soon as we get on the ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

loved the cheers package.......... me and DH used it on thanksgiving cruise on dream.............. will use it again on thanksgiving cruise on sunshine......

it you like long islands............... try the tokoyo tea!!!

we only hit our limit once as well...........but did get unopened beers for the frig in our room......... wish room service would deliver bloody Mary's for sunrise!

loved the cheers package.......... me and DH used it on thanksgiving cruise on dream.............. will use it again on thanksgiving cruise on sunshine......

it you like long islands............... try the tokoyo tea!!!

we only hit our limit once as well...........but did get unopened beers for the frig in our room......... wish room service would deliver bloody Mary's for sunrise!

I will def try the Tokoyo Tea!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is exactly what I intend to do!! You didn't have any problems taking them off the ship??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No problem taking them off the ship at all! Our cooler was a backpack cooler so it wasn't noticeable.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok

So I've search all 50 something pages and it seems that cheers is a good value. We are gonna grab a quick cruise a 3 dayer next month. If I am right we should be able to do cheers on the ecstasy? Also I would like to know some peoples strategy for getting the best value out of the program. Yes I see you can get 15 long islands.... My view is they prob make them with well liquor and all that will get you is one large headache and possibly a techno color yawn. Not my bag o tea. I believe life is too short to drink cheap booze so we will look at martini's, margarita's, and highballs and look to upgrade them. Is that acceptable under the program? I also like a rum and coke so do they have premium rum like 10 cane, captain Morgan private or pirat ?

Ok

So I've search all 50 something pages and it seems that cheers is a good value. We are gonna grab a quick cruise a 3 dayer next month. If I am right we should be able to do cheers on the ecstasy? Also I would like to know some peoples strategy for getting the best value out of the program. Yes I see you can get 15 long islands.... My view is they prob make them with well liquor and all that will get you is one large headache and possibly a techno color yawn. Not my bag o tea. I believe life is too short to drink cheap booze so we will look at martini's, margarita's, and highballs and look to upgrade them. Is that acceptable under the program? I also like a rum and coke so do they have premium rum like 10 cane, captain Morgan private or pirat ?

haha welcome to the LONGEST thread ever....just subscribe to it from now on. Hate to tell you this....but they do NOT do cheers on the 3 night ecstasy which has us holding off on it as of now for labor day, that being said....the boat does stay overnight in Nassau so you'd be spending money there....comparing with a Royal Cruise and they also don't do it on anything shorter than 4 days. Also...with your drinks if you are smart for example here is the difference between myself and someone who doesn't utilize it right.

I drink white russians...they put Sky or whatever in it.... I ask when I order for GREY GOOSE white Russians...pushing the 10 dollar limit.....same with any other drink...get top shelf. Instead of getting a CC and Coke...I get a CROWN and Ginger. ya see?

Cheers mate.

haha welcome to the LONGEST thread ever....just subscribe to it from now on. Hate to tell you this....but they do NOT do cheers on the 3 night ecstasy which has us holding off on it as of now for labor day, that being said....the boat does stay overnight in Nassau so you'd be spending money there....comparing with a Royal Cruise and they also don't do it on anything shorter than 4 days. Also...with your drinks if you are smart for example here is the difference between myself and someone who doesn't utilize it right.

I drink white russians...they put Sky or whatever in it.... I ask when I order for GREY GOOSE white Russians...pushing the 10 dollar limit.....same with any other drink...get top shelf. Instead of getting a CC and Coke...I get a CROWN and Ginger. ya see?

Cheers mate.

Thanks this is the kind if info/intel I am looking for. I wanna drink well as well as get my money's worth!

Thanks this is the kind if info/intel I am looking for. I wanna drink well as well as get my money's worth!

You are WELCOME! always order the kind of liquor you want! Also...to the Fireball people...FINALLY the ships have them....we made them run out on Carnival Freedom 2014 in March lol. We also had them run out of Kahlua because we got the boat hooked on White Russians. haha:eek:

Also...to the Fireball people...FINALLY the ships have them....we made them run out on Carnival Freedom 2014 in March lol

Great news. I'm sure it was a popular request!

I don't mind the 15 drink limit for Carnival but just coming off my first cruise with RCL, they changed the policy to allow individuals vs everyone over 21 in the stateroom to buy their beverage program. Carnival, PLEASE FOLLOW SUIT!!!!

I don't mind the 15 drink limit for Carnival but just coming off my first cruise with RCL, they changed the policy to allow individuals vs everyone over 21 in the stateroom to buy their beverage program. Carnival, PLEASE FOLLOW SUIT!!!!

ditto,

IMO, Carnival's Cheers package is the worst drink package offered by any of the cruise lines. They really need to adjust and catch up.

Recently had the RCI premium drink package, costs less than Cheers, is unlimited, and despite both of us buying at the time, it is now available individually and both passengers in a cabin don't have to purchase. DW doesn't drink much so individual choice is now a much better offering.

Despite neither of us being serious consumers with RCI premium it was good to have a fixed budget, no worries about over spending, and discretion to order what we wanted, whenever.

BTW never saw anyone drunk or abusing themselves or the program all week.

Next cruise is a 14 day Carnival Pride, and Cheers is a limited package, only available if purchase for the entire cruise and both of us have to pay.

Cheers way too much cost vs convenience, esp. on a 14 day cruise.

Cheers cost is prohibitive. Will not be purchasing.

But next time we sail RCI we will purchase their premium package!

Carnival needs to at least match RCI!!!!

Edited by monza