Azorean Enchantments -anyone tempted?

Just looking for a 7 night winter warmer cruise other than Colourful Coasts and Red Sea Magic, and I was quite liking the itinery on this cruise on the Spirit as it includes two new ports- Pralo Da Vitoria and Ponta Delgada in the Azores. On the down side however there are two sea days on a 7 nighter. Anyone been to these ports of call ? All I knew about the Azores was military aircraft refuelled there during the Falklands conflict, however they look quite picturesque on the web pictures. Anyone booked?

Just looking for a 7 night winter warmer cruise other than Colourful Coasts and Red Sea Magic, and I was quite liking the itinery on this cruise on the Spirit as it includes two new ports- Pralo Da Vitoria and Ponta Delgada in the Azores. On the down side however there are two sea days on a 7 nighter. Anyone been to these ports of call ? All I knew about the Azores was military aircraft refuelled there during the Falklands conflict, however they look quite picturesque on the web pictures. Anyone booked?

Hope you don't mind me asking what dates is it dong this itinerary please? I have just looked online & couldn't find it at all - sounds nice!

We went to Ponta Delgada on the Eclipse last Year. The architecture in the town is very similar to Madeira

d45xf.jpg

and the countryside is beautiful

20zcw0p.jpg

I'd love to go again, but already have the Majesty booked for April :rolleyes:

It looks really nice.I had imagined something quite barren, like Cape Verde but looks like I couldn't have been more wrong!

Hope you don't mind me asking what dates is it dong this itinerary please? I have just looked online & couldn't find it at all - sounds nice!

I was looking at the 22nd of November on The Spirit. I dont think it is in the brochure but is advertised on the Thomson Web site.

If it's the same one my friend is doing and def sounds like it it's Nov on spirit but there are two or three with sim names .

Sent from my Galaxy S3 with Tapatalk

Sounds like it is the same- 22nd of Nov on the Spirit. I only noticed it this weekend.

I have booked for the transatlantic April 2014 with the Dream

The Azores is visited on this cruise.

Ponta Delgada and Horta are the ports.

The new ports will be a refreshing change from Madiera which I have visited a couple of times.

Ron

Hi Jules, my friends are doing it 8th Nov with a stay the week before but it also goes 22nd :cool:

Thanks Dreamgirl - just dreaming myself really; don't think we could stretch to 2 cruises this year lol. Did suggest to the kids that me & my husband went on this on our own for a week but it didn't go down too well;)

Shame, I like the sound of the itinerary!!!!

Thanks Dreamgirl - just dreaming myself really; don't think we could stretch to 2 cruises this year lol. Did suggest to the kids that me & my husband went on this on our own for a week but it didn't go down too well;)

Shame, I like the sound of the itinerary!!!!

Yes does sound really nice. My friend found it just as they were about to book another one and couldnt resist it. :)

If it proves popular we might see it included more regularly. Personally, I would love to see this itinery alternating with Canarian Flavours starting Autumn 2014. I would certainly be tempted to take in both back to back for a 14night cruise.

Hi there.

Thomson Spirit will dock in Ponta Delgada & Praia da Vitoria

The Azores are composed of 9 islands. PDL is on the main Island, called S.Miguel, the green island. The best thing to is to take an excursion to the mountains. It is a mix between Hawaii/Iceland and Switzerland.

Google Sete Cidades, Lagoa do Fogo, Furnas, Terra Nostra Azores and you will see the beauty of the Island.

Praia da Vitória is on Terceira Island. You can choose or to stay on this city or take a bus to the other city in the island, Angra do Heroísmo. It is a UNESCO World Heritage site.

Being November, expect temperatures around 18º

• 8 months later...