Questions about Epic with kids

mill4023

I'm considering a few different cruises and the Epic is one of them.

We will be taking our kids, ages 5,9,13,16,18.

The Epic looks like it has a lot to offer, but I'm trying to figure out which stuff would be good for the whole family and which is adult only or adult oriented.

What areas of the ship are off limit to kids? Pools, hot tubs, other areas, etc.

Are the parties (like the white hot) at Spice H20 for adults only?

Which shows are appropriate or not appropriate for kids?

Any other tips or info about taking kids on the Epic would be great. We are trying to decide between Carnival Liberty (for the best itinerary), Carnival Breeze(for the ship and itinerary), and the Epic (least appealing itinerary, but possibly the best ship).

Also,

How late are pools and slides open?

Is there live music by the pool?

If so, what kind?

There are a few adult only hot tubs but there are ones for kids as well. During the day, Spice H20 is adult only. There is also an adult only sundeck. Very few areas are truly not family friendly.

They have a family white hot party before the adult only party and they have an after party in the kids club :)

The majority of shows are family friendly, if they're adult only, it's clearly noted. The kids will LOVE Blue Man and the outdoor movies at night.

Kids are embraced and loved on Norwegian. There are an abundance of family friendly activities and the kids clubs are amazing.

All of the kids can do the Epic bounce and spider bungee and the teens can do the rock wall. If you're youngest is tall enough, he can do all of the slides as well. If not, the kids pool area is very nice.

I also think with the large age range, you'll love Freestyle dining.

Yes, it's only adult only during the day. On our sailing, they showed Avengers, Hunger Games and a few others but the names are escaping me.

They serve free popcorn.

Thanks. You just eliminated one of the "cons" in my pros and cons list between the Carnival and Norwegian cruises we were looking at.

I think we're leaning towards Epic. If only it went to Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk, instead of Nassau, the decision would already have been made. :)

We love the Epic. Family oriented all the way with just enough "Adult only" activities thrown in for good measure. Blue Man, Cirque show/dinner, Nickelodeon Character Breakfast / Slime time are all great! Pools, Slides, sports deck and even bowling if you like. Tons of dining choices and the garden café is great! The Thermal spa is terrific and they have a solid fitness center. Everyone has different things they like to do but The EPIC is a pleaser! Agree they could make it better by dumping Nassau and adding the PI. Cannot wait to sail on the EPIC again this November!

(kids 5, 13 and 16 btw)

A fair number of older kids go over to the White Hot Party after the Family-Friendly White Hot is over. (And FABBA, and the Rewind Remix 80s party....) Generally, the crew keeps an eye out on the kids--and the teen counselors are often at the parties as well--so it's fine.

As was mentioned, Spice is 18+ during the day; at night, Bliss becomes the 18+ space. Last week, Norwegian showed Avengers and Bourne Legacy both in the Atrium and in Spice.

Pools and slides are open until 6 pm currently; I suspect the general rule is "until around sunset." There's live music by the pool; it's mostly island-style covers of pop stuff.

Archived