Silly questions questions from a newbie?

ShawRuff

the pool grill where they cook excellent hamburgers/cheesburgers and you can ask for one directly off the grill instead of one that's been sitting.

You may not have a choice about this; in Alaska there were often lines 6 or 7 deep for burgers, they couldn't keep up!

I usually travel at non-holiday (spring break) times and there has always been a few teens on the cruise. If you are traveling during spring break, I'd bet your son will run into quite a few kids his age.

Thanks everyone for your help.

My son and I went to Europe last August on the Carnival Breeze. It was a wonderful trip, the only problem was, 1,800 passengers under 18 years! After a long HOT day, I couldn't even see the pool areas, so many kids.

Because of this I decided I would book a cruise during school days and let my son take his school work with him. It actually works out well, last December we took him out of school, first week of December and went to Disney World.

I think travel can also be an educational experience. ;)

Thanks everyone for your help.

My son and I went to Europe last August on the Carnival Breeze. It was a wonderful trip, the only problem was, 1,800 passengers under 18 years! After a long HOT day, I couldn't even see the pool areas, so many kids.

Because of this I decided I would book a cruise during school days and let my son take his school work with him. It actually works out well, last December we took him out of school, first week of December and went to Disney World.

I think travel can also be an educational experience. ;)

Blimey that many, I can remember late at night getting swamped whilst getting a piza, when the guy put them out hundreds would come running from everywhere, and that was at midnight.

RE shoes...packing for a cruise makes me glad I have two sons and no daughters. Neither they nor DH seem to need many pairs of shoes, so my best tip for taking enough shoes is to travel with men and make sure they know that they have to leave space in their luggage for your shoes : )

One year I paid to hire an on-board tux for one of them so he had space for some dresses too...

Archived