Happy With On-Line TA until....

Zeke3

Yikes- I just received an e-mail from my on-line TA regarding the itinerary change for our August Miracle cruise. The e-mail had an attachment which was a letter from Carnival to my TA providing the new port schedule and then a list of all the names and booking numbers of the guests who will be impacted at the agency. The list has over 50 bookings listed. I don't like the idea that other people received the same e-mail with my booking number on it. Carnival and my TA assured me that no one can change my booking with just my booking number. Is that true? I told my on-line TA that I don't think they should have sent out the e-mail with all of their client booking numbers attached. I have been extremely pleased with my TA before now. Actually, the e-mail came from the agency address and not my individual agent. Please tell me I do not need to be concerned!

If you are already registered on the Carnival website with this booking number, the only thing people could do with it is buy you things that they have to pay for.

I wouldn't worry too much about it...

seems like someone made a mistake...

nobody should see other ppl's reservation numbers, but i wouldn't really worry...most of the time cruise lines need a signed letter that you are either cancelling or making significant changes to your reservation.

I would definitely let the agency know that they did this... depending on the size of the agency, etc... they could get in a bit of trouble if someone wanted to get nasty about it for a breach of privacy... I would at least let them know, it had to be a mistake....

Philydude....I was thinking about taking my Sirius radio. No signal at all?? they start radiomargaritaville this month and I was looking forward to jamming. Did you try it off the ship like at a beach?

Thanks

I tried it on the ship and I tried it in Roatan. Nothing either place. I gave up on it after that...

But then again I was using the lipstick antenna they give you for the MyFi. I have heard people had success using their boombox set-ups.

For that Sirius unit, are you going to have to pack it in it's own suitcase???

(referring to the huge units the lil' doggie company puts out in comparison to the sleek tiny units that XM has)

I would definitely let the agency know that they did this... depending on the size of the agency, etc... they could get in a bit of trouble if someone wanted to get nasty about it for a breach of privacy... I would at least let them know, it had to be a mistake....

I did let my specific agent know and she obviously had to back up the agency but I could tell she was perplexed. Whenever I call my TA, I say "Hello, this is Mrs. ----- and my booking # is -------". That is all that is needed for her to help me. I'm sure chances are slim that someone on that list would try to do something with my information, but the fact is that someone could. My password along with my booking # is needed on the Carnival website to access my booking so I think I am safe there. I am not stressing out over this but it does have me concerned after reading other posts about bookings being cancelled. I'll just make sure I check my booking daily to make sure it is not changed in the meantime.

• 2 weeks later...
phlydude - I know this is off topic, but nice avatar!!! icon14.gif

I actually noticed it in a completely different thread...but that thread is like 40 pages long and I saw it in a post on page 10, so I figured I'd check to see if there'd be a better place to say something about it...

Looks like this is it. ;)

Very nice avatar, phlydude. :) I've got pretty much the same one, but photoshop'd so you can read the important info. I don't post here much, so if you want to steal it...go right ahead. "Spread the Virus" and whatnot. ;)

Archived