Anyone else do this after their cruise??

OK, confession here.:o

Last year after we returned, we had our glasses from our very first drink aboard that they get you with when you step out onto the pool deck. (We thought they were freebie :confused: until they started asking for our sea pass)

When we got home, we bought a blender (no we hadnt had a blender for years) and started making drinks! LOL

We would use our glasses in a desparate attempt to extend our cruise high! :o I even occasionally used my coke thermos glass, , which just kept reminding me how little it actually held. (we will not be getting them again this year, it was a waste for us)

So there you have it, exposed for all to read! :eek: LOL

Let me know if you have done something similar :D

In '02 my girlfriends and I were getting ready to go on the Rhapsody. It was their first cruise, so I had a pre cruise party to get them more hyped than they already were.

I had straw hats for us all to wear and made B52's in the little loving cups you get on RCI ( I had two sets). I dug out all of my souveniers and 'fabulous' prizes from my past cruises and decorated the house with all of that stuff. We had a great time getting ready and an even better time on the ship. Made cruise junkies out of both of them.

I have also downloaded a lot of pics of the various islands and ships that I have sailed on or will sail on. Before each cruise I make a custom screensave and wallpaper from the pics of the upcoming cruise. Really gets me in the mood even when I am not reading the boards. Also have a countdown clock on my desktop.

DH thinks I am nuts, but who cares. :D :D

I entertain alot, I drink all my drinks out of souvenier cups on my cruises so I have lots of them & love to serve in them. Last year a bunch of college kids drank all day & then didn't want their cups so I now have TONS. (my hubby didn't like packing them to go home, he thinks I'm crazy, but at least now I know I'm not the only one)

Just last week my DW and I were sitting on the deck with our straw hats on drinking foo foo drinks out of our RCCL souvenir glass and saying that the grass is the ocean. We have 39 days before EOS.

Wayne

What a great idea. Instead of letting these "expensive" glasses hanging around the closets USE THEM!!!! You have inspired me to make a nice drink for myself tonight after work and think of my past cruises. I will take my drink, my newspaper and my dog, go outside in my back yard and relax!

and then I'll think of my upcoming Cruise on VOS in November!!

:)

We brought several of those glasses home with us along with RCI napkins, the nightly chocolates, and other RCI trinkets. We bought several varied flavored pints of Cruzan Rum and t-shirts in St. Marteen at a steal of a price. We assembled it all in individual shrink wrapped gifts and gave them to my employees at work. Now a few of them are getting hooked on cruising RCI.

I use my cups from Labedee all the time. Helps keep me in the mood for our cruises. We too wake up after the cruise and wonder if the Windjammer will appear on the back deck...no....I have to go back to cooking and cleaning:(

I have a Royal Caribbean coffee cup that seriously ACCIDENTLY got packed in my luggage. Now, if you knew how much coffee I drink and how many of these mugs we had in our room at one time you would understand how this TRULY was an accident.

BUT since it found it's way to Tennessee, I sip coffee out of it in the mornings and pretend I am out on my ship balcony - I have a picture of me holding one of these cups looking at Jamaica as it gets smaller from us pulling back out to sea...

Ah...

DH and I placed our order (four courses) to teenage offspring first night home...didn't help extend the cruise experience and still hungry...:D

Seriously though, am using the coffee cup and drink glass and dreaming of the next one.

On our first cruise - the Pool Band was Heat Wave

They had a great CD which I purchased and supplemented with a couple of Steel Drum CD's ffrom Barbados and a Marimba CD from some guy on the pier in Porto Limon.

When it is snowing in CT - I crank up the Stereo, Make a Pina Colada and PAAATY

I have awesome cocktail glasses from our cruises. My favorites are the ones from the Explorer, they are actually glass, have Royal Caribbean on the them in blue white and the stem is shaped like the anchor. I also use my plastic ones for anything from Diet Coke , to margaritas and wine coolers. They bring back al those GREAT cruise memories every time I use them. I also Love may labadee containers with the straw, when I use them I think of laying in those great hammocks by the sea and sipping my Labadoozie!! :D :D :D

Archived