The Dawn in Nassau - scheduling beach time

mlm228

I must have totally misread the itinerary, as I am shocked that we are only in Nassau from Thursday night at 8pm until Friday morning at 11:30am!:eek:

when is there time to go to the beach? what have you done?

what beaches have you gone to? how is the water at Coco beach and South beach? i want to spend sometime in the crystal clear water of the caribbean, but my impression of Florida beaches, is that they are more like california than the caribbean. rougher and not the clear water i dream about. :p

also, I really don't want to count on the beach at GSC, from the mixed reviews. and i don't want to have to worry about getting an early tender ticket.

please help!

Didn't go to Cocoa Beach, but South Beach was very nice. It is more like an Atlantic Ocean Beach than a Caribbean beach though. I really liked GSC. We did not rush to get a tender ticket. We took our time. By the time we got there, it was pretty crowded, but we walked to the left and there were plenty of open chairs with umbrellas. We had a really beautiful day and the water and sky were crystal clear blue.

mlm ~ GSC is absolutely beautiful and has wide open beaches all over the place. Yes, the area with the chairs and umbrellas are crowded because that is the best beach area on the island (IMHO). But, you can certainly wander around and find a nice secluded spot with a beautiful beach and crystal clear water. We absolutely loved it there.

Regarding the beach at Nassau. Most people go to the beaches near the Atlantis resort (about a 15 minute taxi ride). I forget what people said about how to get on those beaches (because they are part of the resorts). But, do a search on "Atlantis" or "Nassau" and you should get plenty of info. I highly recommend Atlantis. I've been there before and it has one of the best aquariums I've ever seen. We plan to go there early and have breakfast, tour the aquarium and then head to the straw market for a little shopping. You'll have plenty of time for the beach. Since, the ship is docked all night long, there's no time restriction on what time to get up and get off the ship. Go as early as you'd like. There will be cabs waiting near the pier pretty much all night.

Happy Sailing and see you in a few days :)

Archived