11.35am Flight from Venice - Too early?

Andrew9999

We are on Splendour which docks in Venice at the end of the cruise on 10 August 2013. The best flight for us to London leaves Marco Polo Airport at 11.35am. I believe normal guidance is to arrive at the airport 2 hours before a European flight.

We are a family of 4 including 2 teenage daughters, reasonably able bodied, so we could disembark with our own luggage if we had to.

I would appreciate opinions as to whether we would be safe to book this time as it seems a bit early to me.

Any idea of the cost of a taxi to the airport would also be appreciated.

I am posting on the RCI board but please advise if you think I would better to post on the Italy ports board; I'm usually reluctant to double post as it can be annoying!

Many thanks.

Andrew.

i was in venice for work and that airport was a NIGHTMARE! it was a cruise departure day and the lines to check in and to go thru security were really long. i think i was probably in line for almost 2 hours! i think i would leave later- or stay in venice for a night and leave the next day!

Thanks to all for your fast and helpful replies. I also didn't know that the RCI page existed and it shows that flight times after 11am would be acceptable. However, I note the other replies regarding advice direct from an RCI employee and also from someone who stood in line for two hours!

The next flight time on my preferred airline (British Airways) is 5.30pm and more expensive. If it wasn't for trailing luggage around, we could spend some more time in Venice before the 5.30 flight, but this is not really practicable and we have three days in Venice before the cruise to enjoy the city.

Well, further research is needed, I guess, but if anyone else has additional comments, they would be very welcome.

Has anyone used Monarch from Venice to London? One option is to fly out on BA and return on the 12.50pm flight on Monarch.

Also, any guidance on the cost/time to get from the ship to Marco Polo Airport would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew.

Was on the Splendor back in July and made a 11:30 Air Lingus flight to Dublin and on to JFK. We had guest services give us a early departure time and then grabbed a cab right to the airport vs taking the people mover and the public bus. The taxi cost a lot more(45.00 euro) but saved alot of time and was easier for the 4 of us with luggage.

Great view leaving Venice from top deck, port side. Enjoy

Archived