Reservation

HHI Cruiser

The people that race and stand in line for reservations are I believe (and I could be wrong) first timers on Oceania, I remember that is what we used to have to do on the mass market ships for first or second seating ..I have always found there is usually last minute space available in the alternate restaurants and have not had a problem..people that run and book (usually) cancel because they have met other people to eat with or the night they had picked isnt convenient..everyone is entitled to use the alternate restaurants at least one time each..so unless you have a special occasion that you really want to have in a different restaurant, I wouldnt waste my time in line

Jan

The Polo Grill and Toscana seat 90 to 96 gurests each, and let us assume that every seat is taken every night with two sittings per night and you have a full ship of 682 guests. So over a two-week cruise, theoretically, on average, each guest can go to each of those two alternative restaurants 93x2x14/682 = 3.8 times. Let us say that will be the theoretical averaged maximum.

In real life, things are not that "ideal", some people go (or are allowed to go) more often than others, some nights those restaurants may not be full, or some larger tables (say for four) may be occupied by just two or three, and some tables may not see two sittings some of the nights. So given all these "imperfections", one can still intuitively guess that at least, on average, one can sit in each of these restaurants 2.5 times in a two-week cruise, or five times in all in one of the two alternative restaurants.

Besides, there is Tappas, (the Terrace turned into dinner buffet and very good at that, and actually becoming more and more popular as the voyage goes on), so say you eat there once or twice. That leaves you with only seven or eight dinners (just over a half) in the main Restaurant throughout your voyage. So don't worry, you will have enough chances at any of the four restaurants if you are willing to be flexible. Since they are all very good anyway, go to whichever one is available that night! Hope this helps.

Archived