St. Davids Lighthouse

pixy

To Me A Lighthouse Is A Lighthouse........the Charm Of St Davids Is That It Is In A Really Secluded Section Of Bermuda. It Is A Little Hard To Find....if You Go Past Grotto Bay As If You Were Going Back To The Airport, Then Bear Left Heading To St Georges, St Davids Is A Side Road Kind Of Behind The Airport. A Good Map Will Show Exactly How To Get There. The Charm Of The Neighborhood Is Was I Liked Best. We Went There To Watch The Start Of The Tall Ship Races Quite A Few Years Ago And Found The Locals To Be Very Warm And Friendly. We Found A Couple Of Little Local Restaurants And Bars. Had A Great Time.

No Matter Where You Go In Bermuda, You'll Have A Great Time.

Dondonma

We went both times that we were in Bermuda. I liked the bus ride there and back (riding the busses anywhere in Bermuda is an experience) and the views from the lighthouse are spectacular. When we were there in May, the lighthouse was closed for painting, but even the views from the grounds around it were great. The lighthouse dates back to the late 1800's. The bus runs every hour - and that's enough time to enjoy the views and relax in a quiet part of the island. There is a snackbar there as well. We went to both Gibbs Hill and St. Davids lighthouses - and I will do them again the next time I go - love the views!

We just got back last week and we made the climb up St. David's Lighthouse and I felt it was truly worth the hike up all those steps. You can see all around the island from there and like someone else said the view is awesome. You can see the airport and planes landing, you can see homes as far as you can see and the water is magnificent from up there! I would do it again even though it was a tough walk up for an old, out of shape lady!:D

Takes two buses to get there. Unless you take a cab or scooter.

Two buses from Hamilton, but just one from St. George...#6, which leaves at quarter past the hour, and returns from the lighthouse at 20 to the hour.

Archived