Guys Burgers

camper49

I hear nothing but praise for Guys Burgers and fries. One question though. We are going on the Breeze on the 12-16-13 sailing, and I'm a little paranoid about Burger safety(with e coli) and such. I do have Crohn's Disease so I must be VERY careful when it comes to food safety/handling. Do they make sure these burgers get fully cooked, and that the same people who handle the raw meat don't go and touch the buns after? I've seen it happen before in other places, and I walked right out. Just curious to know how they handle all this? Thanks!

I wonder what makes that burger so good.... many are raving about it.

Part of the reason is the chicken stock. Before the ball shaped burger meat is placed on the grill, chicken stock is ladled on the hot grill, then the ball shaped meat is placed on the grill, then squashed down into the irregular shaped burgers. After being grilled for a while, chicken stock is again ladled on the burgers. Thats one of the keys to this great tasting burger...

Part of the reason is the chicken stock. Before the ball shaped burger meat is placed on the grill, chicken stock is ladled on the hot grill, then the ball shaped meat is placed on the grill, then squashed down into the irregular shaped burgers. After being grilled for a while, chicken stock is again ladled on the burgers. Thats one of the keys to this great tasting burger...

I've never heard of that method before. I'm always learning something new.

There was a hotdog stand on Carnival Magic.

Is there one on Carnival Conquest? And if so, are there a range of toppings offered or the standard Mayo, Mustard, Relish and Ketsup?

I don't know where I will put it with the Guys Burger and all the Blue Iguana food I will be scarfing down.

It's a good thing I lost weight on the Triumph red onion sandwiches. ROFLOL

-Mel

Anybody else out there besides myself who HATED Guy's burgers? The fries were delish but I threw the burger out after 2 bites.:)

Just the opposite. I liked the burger (not a huge burger fan but it was really good as far as burgers go) but didn't care for the fries.

The 2.0 upgrades include the Red Frog Rum bar on the Lido deck which is just a themed bar and shouldn't be confused with the Red Frog PUB which is a new bar on the Magic and Breeze that serves Pub Grub for $3.33 plus tip.

In addition to Guy's Burger's as part of the 2.0 upgrades is the Blue Iguana Cantina which serves breakfast and lunch taco's and burritos...it is also included in your cruise fare.

Is guacamole available at the Blue Iguana Cantina or as a topping at Guy's Burgers? Just curious....

[quote name='Mikel1733']We loved Guy's Burgers. Seems like it was open many times when other options weren't.[/quote]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Agreed!![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It was definitely the "go to" option - since we slept in had a little later breakfast and often didn't want lunch until after the buffet has been closed down to convert for dinner. ;)[/SIZE]

Archived