Legend 17-24 Feb Micro Review

bshow

On the Legend right now, waiting to disembark after the long fog delay.

Great cruise, great ship. Entertainment was very good. Deck 6 balcony cabin was great. Crew service friendly and efficient.

Dining room service good, but food was inconsistent. Some things quite good, others pretty bad. Lido was fine.

Ports were really nice. Did four excursions, all through Carnival, and enjoyed them all.

This was a great value and I would do it again in a heartbeat.

We were on the same cruise and agree. We had great service in the dining room. We are not a fan of anytime dining but had a wonderful waiter the first night so requested him every night after that. Best service ever on our many cruises. We weren't very impressed with the food however. Lido wasn't very good in our opinion either. That being said I still think we gained 5 pounds!

The average age onboard was higher than we expected and our hallway was very quiet. We did see unsupervised kids terrorizing the hallways and were not impressed with the parents who allowed 8 children to sit alone in the dining room. They were throwing food, crawling under the tables and pushing chairs around. The parents were at another table but not paying attention. Guess they were on a vacation from parenthood.

Kudos to the captain who managed to dock in Roatan even tho there was problems with the wind. What a great port. We were not impressed with the cruise director. All in all, great job Carnival!

Also on this cruise. I keep using the word phenomenal and it's not a word I use regularly! First time on Carnival and it exceeded every expectation by a long shot. It took 5 years to get me back on a ship, but this cleans out the bad taste our last NCL cruise left. It won't take another 5 years to get us cruising again. Thank you Carnival for the best family vacation we've ever had!

We had Jeffery and Lau Lau as our wait staff in the main dining room. Jeffery may have equals, but there's no better!

Thanks for the mini reviews, each of you. Can't wait to be on Legend in 19 days!

Did anyone use FTTF or do chef's table? Any feedback? If you did Chef's Table what time did it start? I understand it is on Tuesday for my cruise.

Did FTTF and was really nice getting to the room and dropping off bags by 11:15. Was nice getting off on the first tenders at Belize and Grand Cayman. The real benefit was getting off the boat quick and making it to the airport to make our flight out at 6. Without it we would have missed the flight. It saved us a ton of money.

Yeah, I read some of the negative reviews and wonder, was I on a different ship? My review should be out soon. We were having so much fun, the little issues never got to us. My mom talked to one lady who complained about the crew and thought they should be swapped with the "superior" Dream crew. A couple of days later I overheard the same lady complain about a jogger who passed her on deck 10. Mind you the jogger never came even remotely close to this lady or anyone else. The official jogging track is very small and often obstructed by mini golf players. The comment was "why isn't she using the !@#ing jogging track ? The next time she comes around I'm going to deck her!". You get what you bring and she brought the ugly! Beyond this one malcontent, I heard very little complaining on board. A stark and refreshing difference to our last NCL cruise where it was common to hear people complaining about everything and recommending different cruise lines.

Didn't use FTTF, but had no trouble getting on the ship fast or getting an early tender. One thing we learned? Go to the theater about 30-45 min before the tender time. This should get you a relatively low number (we got 3 each time). Then go have breakfast at the buffet. We would arrive back at the theater just in time for our number to be called. Easy off, no waiting and no FTTF cost.

We were also on this cruise. For the money, the trip was great. We had wonderful service from the entire crew, and we were very impressed with how everyone handled the fog delay. The food quality was uneven, but the warm chocolate melting cake was the biggest winner. I do encourage folks to use the omelet counter. The young man working there is awesome and very accommodating. The room stewards were efficient but missed things off and on. Our balcony was a major disappointment. When we boarded the ship, we could hardly see through the glass. My husband actually cleaned the railing and the glass. We weren't on the ship for the entertainment, so I can't comment on much, except that some of the singers were really pretty bad. This was an inexpensive cruise, and we were perfectly safisfied with what we got for the money.

Did FTTF and was really nice getting to the room and dropping off bags by 11:15. Was nice getting off on the first tenders at Belize and Grand Cayman. The real benefit was getting off the boat quick and making it to the airport to make our flight out at 6. Without it we would have missed the flight. It saved us a ton of money.

How did you obtain your tender tickets? Did you have to go to the lounge to get your tickets?

Also on this cruise. I keep using the word phenomenal and it's not a word I use regularly! First time on Carnival and it exceeded every expectation by a long shot. It took 5 years to get me back on a ship, but this cleans out the bad taste our last NCL cruise left. It won't take another 5 years to get us cruising again. Thank you Carnival for the best family vacation we've ever had!

We had Jeffery and Lau Lau as our wait staff in the main dining room. Jeffery may have equals, but there's no better!

Were they in anytime dining or traditional? We will be on the ship in May in the Med and booked anytime dining.

It has been a long time since I cruised CCL so happy to see good info on the Legend.

How did you obtain your tender tickets? Did you have to go to the lounge to get your tickets?

They give you numbered stickers. You go to the theater to get them and every member of your party must be present. They want you to wait in the theater after reviewing your sticker, ship excursions wait in the orchestra seats, non excursion in the balcony. Instead of waiting, we went for breakfast.

Were they in anytime dining or traditional? We will be on the ship in May in the Med and booked anytime dining.

It has been a long time since I cruised CCL so happy to see good info on the Legend.

Traditional. I like having that relationship with the wait staff and missed it on our last NCL cruise. This time we sailed with our family, so we had our own table. I also liked sharing a large table with others on previous cruises. Made some enduring friendships this way.

Archived