Restaurants and Excursions Advice

JasmineCruiser

I haven't seen anything mentioned about restaurants on Dominica. We like to eat at local restaurants on our travels so wondered if anyone could recommend a place here for lunch.

Also, it seems except for the whale watch all the excursions that Carnival offers are either water related or involve some strenuous walking. I have arthritis and can't walk very long distances or up lots of stairs so wondered if we booked through a private guide like Beno if he would tailor a tour for us.

Any advice?

Thanks so much.

We didn't eat local on Dominica, so I can't recommend any particular spot. I'm sure the local food is probably fantastic, but I doubt there are many places here that would meet your standards, unless you dine in a larger hotel of which there are few. I'd play it safe here and dine on the ship, but that's only my personal opinion. Here is a restaurant listing from the Dominica website. www.dominica.dm/restaurants.htm

Dominica is a very poor country, and tourism there is in its infancy. More info on Dominica can be found here .

As far as the tours go, I'm sure that any of the private tour operators posted in this board would be more than happy to accomodate you!

Hi Jasmine! Beno was my tour operator last month. He is very accommodating and just a wonderful person! I'm sure, if you email him and tell him your situation, he can design a tour for you! There are places he could show you that would not involve hiking! Here's his email address (in case you don't have it yet!) benox265@hotmail.com . Have a great cruise.

Archived