How to be first off the ship, first on bus, etc (Dawn)

nycshipmate

If I mis read your bribing issue, for that I am sorry. I rarely push--but it always ticks me off that people don't move away from the doors. In Japan they have pushers who do it for you. I don't push for a seat but pushing to get on is a different story....enjoy relax a little on the ship you'll feel better. One last point I firmly believe that if you want to go to Disney, a cruise ship is not the way to do it. You can fly and stay a couple of days at the amusement park and enjoy it a lot more when the park is emptier- late in the day or in the morning.

Apology accepted. I've been pushed and so has my child. It's horrible. I've had men race me (with my child in my arms) to get a seat, when I was clearly in front of them. I've seen people get on the train, stand directly in front of the doors, when there is ample space inside. Then they have the nerve to stand firm and not move when people try to get on. Maybe we need professional pushers (:eek: -that sounds weird huh) in NY. I still love NY though :)

We haven't been to disney yet, and hope to go down there just for the Disney parks real soon. I know it's going to be harried, but none of my fam have been there so we figured what the hay. So far it's our only excursion, and it's pretty pricey considering ther are four of us. So, all that money, just for 5 hours, as you can imagine we want to squeeze in as many rides and photo ops and ooohs and ahhhs as possible.

when we were in Port C on the Dawn we rented a car and went to the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and took an airboat ride it was great and looked like "old florida" not Ca. Five hours at Disney will be a disappointment IMO. You will be hot harried and disappointed. Also in my opinion. where in NYC are you?

when we were in Port C on the Dawn we rented a car and went to the Lone Cabbage Fish Camp and took an airboat ride it was great and looked like "old florida" not Ca. Five hours at Disney will be a disappointment IMO. You will be hot harried and disappointed. Also in my opinion. where in NYC are you?

We're on East 23rd Street. What about you?

Claudie, you got that right!'

We went on the Dawn twice, doesnt matter if your first or last off the ship, the buses all leave about the same time and yes, they wait until their filled.

First off the ship, longer you wait sitting on the bus.

Last year we took the NCL bus to NY, an older gentleman actually knocked me off my feet trying to get in front of me rushing from the bus to the port... unbelievable!.... What a start of a vacation....

Doesnt matter if you have an inside cabin or top shelf suite, your not getting off the boat any faster then the next guy......

Apology accepted. I've been pushed and so has my child. It's horrible. I've had men race me (with my child in my arms) to get a seat, when I was clearly in front of them. I've seen people get on the train, stand directly in front of the doors, when there is ample space inside. Then they have the nerve to stand firm and not move when people try to get on. Maybe we need professional pushers (:eek: -that sounds weird huh) in NY. I still love NY though :)

We haven't been to disney yet, and hope to go down there just for the Disney parks real soon. I know it's going to be harried, but none of my fam have been there so we figured what the hay. So far it's our only excursion, and it's pretty pricey considering ther are four of us. So, all that money, just for 5 hours, as you can imagine we want to squeeze in as many rides and photo ops and ooohs and ahhhs as possible.

If you have not been to Disney yet, I say "Go for it"! I assume you are heading to the Magic Kingdom?

There is nothing more exciting than the first time you take your child/ren to the Magic Kingdom.

If it's crowded and you can't get to many of the attractions, so be it...you will love it anyway.

You can just as easily luck out and hit a less-crowded day at the park.

Be sure to pick up a map and park schedule as soon as you enter the park. I don't know if the ship has them as handouts?

You can also check out the Disney website and see what is going on the day you will be there.

Have a wonderful cruise and enjoy Disney! I know you will:)

If you're anxious to get off a ship, take a tour bus and get the maximum time for your Disney visit, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. First off, even if you are first off the ship and on the bus, you will have to wait for it to fill up. Then, the bus ride will be agonizingly slow, then you have to wait for the bus to unload. Reverse the procedure for the return trip.

We have never been on a tour bus excursion with good results, with the exception of a city tour bus that only had 20 pax.

Is it too late to cancel this excursion, rent a car and do it on your own? You would more than likely get to the amusement park before the buses and if you time it right, get back before the masses are lining up to re-board the ship.

I think I would seriously re-consider your choice. I'm a big Disney fan and would not attempt this excursion.

Everyone says to maximize time at ports and excursions, be the first off the ship, on first tender, on first bus, etc.

How do I ensure that I will be on the first tender? Can I get tickets on the first day of sailing?

What about the bus? Any sure way to be on the first bus to Disney?

I know, someone's gotta wait, but I don't want it to be me :eek:

You may have the patience, but your question doesn't sound like it.

If you are on a ships excursion you will be on one of the first tenders. You may not be on the first tender, unless you plan on getting up extra early and waiting. On our cruise our excursion ticket was our tender ticket. If you want to ensure that you are on the "first" tender you have to get in line early and...wait! There is NO way to get around waiting somewhere on a cruise. With as many people as there are on ships it just won't happen that way. As someone else said, if you are on a ship excursion, getting on the first tender is not important. The excursion won't leave until everyone is on the bus anyway. You won't be "maximizing" your time on shore by being on the first tender. You may be waiting on a hot bus or standing around in the heat waiting for everyone else to get off the ship.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that words don't convey someone's tone. Sometimes words are taken as inflammatory when they aren't meant that way. You asked a question (which does seem to convey the message that you are impatient and in a hurry, even if that is not true) and people gave honest answers. The impression I am getting is that you don't like our answers so you attack us with words. I don't mean to attack anyone and if I came across that way, I apoligize. I only wanted to convey the message that waiting is part of the cruise experience and in order to enjoy your cruise you will have to have some degree of patience.

You may have the patience, but your question doesn't sound like it.

If you are on a ships excursion you will be on one of the first tenders. You may not be on the first tender, unless you plan on getting up extra early and waiting. On our cruise our excursion ticket was our tender ticket. If you want to ensure that you are on the "first" tender you have to get in line early and...wait! There is NO way to get around waiting somewhere on a cruise. With as many people as there are on ships it just won't happen that way. As someone else said, if you are on a ship excursion, getting on the first tender is not important. The excursion won't leave until everyone is on the bus anyway. You won't be "maximizing" your time on shore by being on the first tender. You may be waiting on a hot bus or standing around in the heat waiting for everyone else to get off the ship.

Everyone needs to keep in mind that words don't convey someone's tone. Sometimes words are taken as inflammatory when they aren't meant that way. You asked a question (which does seem to convey the message that you are impatient and in a hurry, even if that is not true) and people gave honest answers. The impression I am getting is that you don't like our answers so you attack us with words. I don't mean to attack anyone and if I came across that way, I apoligize. I only wanted to convey the message that waiting is part of the cruise experience and in order to enjoy your cruise you will have to have some degree of patience.

Just because I take my one grocery item to the express checkout line doesn't mean I'm impatient or in a hurry. Words don't convey someone's true tone, but I was without a doubt attacked by more than one person. Yes, some where helpful, but others were basically telling me to suck it up and wait my turn (adding nothing of value to this thread). I don't not wish to wait longer than I have to. No one does. That doesn't make them impatient or in a hurry and it doesn't mean that they think they are better than anyone else. Isn't that was cc is all about--sharing tips and "secrets" that not everyone knows? EG: making reservations for premium restaurants on Sunday. If I hadn't read it here, I wouldn't not have done that. Waiting is a part of any vacation experience, it's a part of life, but there are ways to keep the waiting to a minimum.

My cruise begins in a few short hours, so I will stop ranting and finish packing now, get that last load of laundry done, wash dishes, etc etc:cool:

:eek: Attend a buffet as soon as possible after boarding the ship and study the moves made by those slipping to the head of the serving line. Go back to your cabin and practice the rudeness that you've observed and......Presto !!.......you'll be one of the first ashore.;) :)

Seriously, if everyone tries to be first off it's chaos and soooo unnecessary. As someone else mentioned a ship's tour will wait for you. If you've booked independently and didn't give yourself a reasonable window of time...shame on you !!!

Archived