Which suite is best for a family on Dawn?

DawnofAquarius

I'm trying to decide on a suite for a Bermuda cruise on the Dawn and would love to hear from those who've stayed in a Deluxe Owner's Suite, a 2 bedroom Family Suite, and the Family Suite with Balcony. Our family includes 2 children who will be 11 and 9 at time of cruise, and we would like to have a separate bedroom from the kids. Our specific questions are:

• description for the Deluxe Owner's Suite says some offer a separate children's bedroom. I'm assuming this applies to either 12500 or 12000, which have more square footage than 12502 or 12002, and sleep up to 6 instead of 4. Where is the separate bedroom, and what is it like (is it interior without windows?)
  • Also regarding the Deluxe Owner's suites, I'm interested in knowing how much movement you feel with the forward location of the suites.
  • Looking at the floorplan for the 2 Bedroom Family Suite, it appears the children's bedroom is interior. Is it dark, and is it as small as it appears on the floorplan?
  • Does the master bath for the 2 Bedroom Family suite really just flow into the bedroom without any real separation?
  • How much privacy is there in the Family Suite with Balcony? Is there just a heavy curtain serving as a wall between the bed and the sofa bed?

Any help from past Dawn cruisers who've stayed in these suites would be really appreciated!

I'm trying to decide on a suite for a Bermuda cruise on the Dawn and would love to hear from those who've stayed in a Deluxe Owner's Suite, a 2 bedroom Family Suite, and the Family Suite with Balcony. Our family includes 2 children who will be 11 and 9 at time of cruise, and we would like to have a separate bedroom from the kids. Our specific questions are:

• description for the Deluxe Owner's Suite says some offer a separate children's bedroom. I'm assuming this applies to either 12500 or 12000, which have more square footage than 12502 or 12002, and sleep up to 6 instead of 4. Where is the separate bedroom, and what is it like (is it interior without windows?)
  • Also regarding the Deluxe Owner's suites, I'm interested in knowing how much movement you feel with the forward location of the suites.
  • Looking at the floorplan for the 2 Bedroom Family Suite, it appears the children's bedroom is interior. Is it dark, and is it as small as it appears on the floorplan?
  • Does the master bath for the 2 Bedroom Family suite really just flow into the bedroom without any real separation?
  • How much privacy is there in the Family Suite with Balcony? Is there just a heavy curtain serving as a wall between the bed and the sofa bed?

Any help from past Dawn cruisers who've stayed in these suites would be really appreciated!

The 2nd bedrooms are all interior, with no windows. Yes, they are dark but there are ample lights. If I recall correctly, the light switches are accessible from the bed. These rooms are small, because they are only meant for sleeping, as the shared living space in the remainder of the suite is ample.

The master bath in the 2br family suite does flow into the bedroom, but there is a very heavy drape that closes off the bedroom. There are also pocket doors which close off the living area from the bedroom/bath area. These lock in place.

In the new Family Suites with balcony there is very little privacy, as the drapes are all that divide the sleeping areas.

If you want privacy, I would strongly recommend either of the 2br options.

Hope that helps. ;)

Cannot offer past experience, but made the same decision a few weeks ago, so here's why we picked the 2 bedroom..

I have a 16 yo and a 10 yo who lose all track of time in the shower. We need the 2nd bath. And although you have the beautiful windows in the Owners Suite, we wanted a balcony more. For us the family balcony does not offer enough privacy. SO, the 2 bedroom made the most sense. There is a great video by Chesney Girl of one that I LOVE.

Let's be honest though - this is definately a first world problem! I'm sure you'll be happy in which ever you pick.

if you go for a 2bd rm, just beware the room is a closet in the DOS. not sure if the other is the same. its an incredibly beautiful room though. have you considered just getting adjoining balconies or suites instead?

i found a great video. its a little bigger than i remember

and the motion in the front of the ship varies wildly going to bermuda. its fighting the current and if there is a storm around, it can get VERY bad. most of the time its a little choppy, but nothing too bad. on the way back we've always had smooth sailing

Archived