Alcohol Package Questions

We just booked the Allure of the Seas. Super excited! We've done the Mariner and the Freedom previously. We were considering if the drink package could be worth it. I had a few questions.

1. Is liquor included? I love Glennfiddich and the package might make sense if things like that are included.

2. Also, am I reading correctly that non-alcoholic drinks like the "Oreo Cookie" drink on the bar menu would be included? My daughter has an oreo cookie milk shake obsession. Might as well indulge it if it is already paid for.

3. How does tipping work? It seems like it is included in the price? Is that true? I don't want to stiff the bartenders. If it is included, do most people still tip more? Is there something to sign a tip for because carrying 100 singles in my wallet for the week for us seems a pain.

We just booked the Allure of the Seas. Super excited! We've done the Mariner and the Freedom previously. We were considering if the drink package could be worth it. I had a few questions.

1. Is liquor included? I love Glennfiddich and the package might make sense if things like that are included.

2. Also, am I reading correctly that non-alcoholic drinks like the "Oreo Cookie" drink on the bar menu would be included? My daughter has an oreo cookie milk shake obsession. Might as well indulge it if it is already paid for.

3. How does tipping work? It seems like it is included in the price? Is that true? I don't want to stiff the bartenders. If it is included, do most people still tip more? Is there something to sign a tip for because carrying 100 singles in my wallet for the week for us seems a pain.

This should help with your questions:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Onboard_Experience/12032090_Beverage_Package_Flyer_FAQ.pdf

One point about the package is that it's for adults, 21 and over. There are no other packages that include non-alcoholic drinks like the Oreo Cookie drink.

Whilst the cookie drink won't be included in your adult drinks package, if you find a spot you like, say the schooner bar, and are prepared to order it there all the time, then tip the bartender $20 or $30 when you first order it. That, and a few extra $10 throughout your cruise should ensure your daughter gets as many "free" cookie drinks as she wants.

Archived