Diamond Princess photo/video review Alaska

Bimmer09

BRAVO for a fantastic review. I feel the same way you do about Alaska. Love, love love it and have often considered working up there for a summer at one of the Princess Lodges. This summer will be my 8th trip up there and the 5th time on a land tour and we are indeed on the Diamond.

One note about the Captain Cook vs. the Princess Lodeges in Alaska. When you are on a land tour in Alaska, you stay at Princess Lodges other than in Anchorage. You would never get the pissy treatment at a Lodge that you did at the Captain Cook as Princess did not own it. Other cruise lines like HAL use "public" hotels for their land tours; like Westin Hotels. Princess Lodges cannot be beat. Everyone is so nice. Never in 5 times being there and over 35 days on the land have I ever encountered an issue at a Princess Lodge. Even if you are touring Alaska on your own, you can stay in a Princess Lodge if they have availability.

Thanks again Norris.

NO

It cant be over yet!!!! i feel it just started..... i need more .....PLEASE...

Your postings have been the reason for getting up early every morning (smoke and coffee in hand) to see the next installment.

Looks like i will have to wait till i am onboard for my own memories.

Once again... a BIG thank you for a wonderful review.

sharon

Edited by shazz56

Norris, I have to ditto what the others have said about the review. Loved and enjoyed every posting. What memories it brought to my heart, as I will probably not get back to Alaska.

Hands down, this was the best review I have read. The narration was so well written. The pictures and the videos just transported me back to Alaska.

Thanks again for all the time and effort you put forth for us to enjoy.

Enjoy your trip to the opera in Germany and your future cruises.

Thanks for all the kind words and enthusiasm.

If I don't go back and "do" the Coral in photos and videos then the next one will be the Royal next January and then the Ocean will get the treatment in Venice...that one I am definitely going to shoot a lot of photos and video on. I am learning Rosetta Stone Italian to make the most of the experience.

4 months from now I'll revisit my favorite traveling country in all the world...Germany where they don't mind how fast I drive on the highway!

We've been there in '99, 02,03 (I picked up my car there from the BMW factory in Munich), 05, 06, 07, 08 and 09...which means 4 years will have passed since I was there.

The opera in Bayreuth is the only reason I would ever pass on a cruise as very few people get to experience it. Every one of my trips there ends up on video so some may show on youtube now I have my own channel and know the process.

Bye for now!

Norris

Edited by Bimmer09
Spelling.

Norris, thank you so very much for all the work you put into posting this awesome review! I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent reading it. I will be looking forward to reading any future reviews you may decide to post. I am selfishly hoping you get to take a lot more cruises so I will be able to read more of your great reviews! Happy sailings!

Norris, thank you so very much for all the work you put into posting this awesome review! I have thoroughly enjoyed every minute I spent reading it. I will be looking forward to reading any future reviews you may decide to post. I am selfishly hoping you get to take a lot more cruises so I will be able to read more of your great reviews! Happy sailings!

Thank you for the sentiments-my next cruise is in January (Royal) but between now and then I may "do" my Crown and Coral cruises already taken so that I have an archive with one URL each so that far-flung relatives can find them outside of CC. Each had some unique excursions and in the case of the Coral there's not so many photo/video reviews beyond the Panama Canal trips.

Norris

• 1 year later...
Norris,

Thank you for showing me your fantastic trip report! Beautiful photos! I enjoyed it very much (: It makes me want to try doing a Vancouver to Anchorage! Thank you for your hard work!

Thanks, Sarah! I hope it brought back memories of your brief cruise on the Diamond. Vancouver is a great eye-candy port for a sail away.

Enjoy your Alaska cruise this month!

Norris

Thanks, Sarah! I hope it brought back memories of your brief cruise on the Diamond. Vancouver is a great eye-candy port for a sail away.

Enjoy your Alaska cruise this month!

Norris

It certainly did! & zthanksz! I'm very excited because I should be on board the ship in 3 hours! ;) Getting ready as I type! :D

Norris

I am not certain if you are still checking this post.

Your reviews are very interesting and enjoyable to read.

My husband and I cruised on the Sapphire Princess from Seattle through the Inside Passage of Alaska in 2004.

We are considering a return trip.

With your experience of Alaskan travels.,would you recommend a land tour plus cruise or would a different itinerary provide enough of the Alaskan experience?

Interested in your opinion about this.

Norris

I am not certain if you are still checking this post.

Your reviews are very interesting and enjoyable to read.

My husband and I cruised on the Sapphire Princess from Seattle through the Inside Passage of Alaska in 2004.

We are considering a return trip.

With your experience of Alaskan travels.,would you recommend a land tour plus cruise or would a different itinerary provide enough of the Alaskan experience?

Interested in your opinion about this.

MJ if I had time (i.e when I retire) then I would certainly do a land tour BEFORE the cruise so I would have the relaxing part to look forward to. The Princess lodges and train have my name on them....but just not yet. I envy anyone who has done both the tour and the cruise. Alaska is my favorite destination so far in my meagre 5 cruises, rain or shine, frigid or toasty.

We have a booking on the CB for Norway August 2015 and that is something I look forward to also.

Glad you enjoyed my ramble!

Norris

your pictures are gorgeous, thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Gambee- 17 months after you wrote the above I have to say thanks. You are one of my favorite reviewers and introduce me to ships I wouldn't think to book on otherwise.

Sorry for the delay but my timing has been influenced by the Hubbard Glacier, who friended me on Facebook. He scoffs at things like the Ice Bucket challenge, a craze currently sweeping the nation.

Cheers!

Norris

MJ if I had time (i.e when I retire) then I would certainly do a land tour BEFORE the cruise so I would have the relaxing part to look forward to. The Princess lodges and train have my name on them....but just not yet. I envy anyone who has done both the tour and the cruise. Alaska is my favorite destination so far in my meagre 5 cruises, rain or shine, frigid or toasty.

We have a booking on the CB for Norway August 2015 and that is something I look forward to also.

Glad you enjoyed my ramble!

Norris

MJ

I also totally agree. With what Norris said. As a matter of fact, I left Los Angeles yesterday for Fairbanks to start a 7 day land tour and a 7 day cruise with Princess. Princess does it best in Alaska. This is my 9th trip to Alaska and the 5th time I have done a land tour and cruise in Alaska. Obviously, I think it is pretty special.

• 2 weeks later...