Grand Cayman Beach?

Believe it or not, Seven Mile beach is quite lovely. There are plenty of places that offer lounge chairs, umbrelllas, drinks, etc. for a reasonable price. The beach can be rocky, but only right by the waterl. My DH and I spent a fantastic day there last year -- walked from the port to a beach access (a couple of miles), walked a short way down the beach, rented a couple of chairs, and spent an amazing few hours just relaxing, drinking beers, swimming, and listening to great music from the bar behind us.

Have fun!!

Believe it or not, Seven Mile beach is quite lovely. There are plenty of places that offer lounge chairs, umbrelllas, drinks, etc. for a reasonable price. The beach can be rocky, but only right by the waterl. My DH and I spent a fantastic day there last year -- walked from the port to a beach access (a couple of miles), walked a short way down the beach, rented a couple of chairs, and spent an amazing few hours just relaxing, drinking beers, swimming, and listening to great music from the bar behind us.

Have fun!!

What's not to believe? :)

We loved Seven Mile. Took a cab to one of the hotels that offered beach access, with chairs and a drink. It was heavenly. (It was a few years back; I think it was the Holiday Inn, but there are several hotels along the beach that offer this). There were also water toys and changing rooms. The water is incredibly clear and blue.

Advice: arrive early (9-9:30 AM) and have the beach mostly to yourself. Crowds start to grow by noon.

Have fun!

Teddie

We love Cayman, hence the username. When you get off the ship, grab a cab and have it take you to Governor's Beach. There aren't chairs but it is a clean, beautiful beach with great snorkeling. We were there last week and jumped on the public transportation van, for our family of 4 the cost was US$10 one way. Look for a bus with a #1 or #2 sticker. They run periodically so it wouldn't be hard to catch one back to the port either.

7 mile beach the most beautiful beach we have been to. Snorkel 60 feet out off the shore and followed stingrays, and all sorts of fish for hours. Love it!

Another vote for Seven Mile beach. We happened upon it during our first cruise. Did the stringrays and the bus broke down on the way back to the ship. We decided to get off and stroll down the beach on the way back to the ship. We ended up spending hours enjoying the beach. Very nice!

Evidently we are on the same sailing. It's almost here!

We went to Sea Grape Beach last time which is on the seven mile beach strip. I don't believe there is an excursion. It wasn't really crowded and very pretty. The down side is that Sea Grape is the last beach on seven mile beach so, it takes a few minutes longer to get there and back, back I just talking 5 more minutes.

Archived