Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa

Briitini

• 2 weeks later...

Your link is bad. It should be:

http://www.jamaicaforaday.com/Ocho_Rios_Shore_Excursion_Z.html

Anyways, I was searching for info on this property on Jamaica For A Day as well and I came across this thread.

I'm looking for an all-inclusive in Jamaica for a possible week long stay in the future. I've never done an AI before and this way I can get a good look at the place and make an informed decision if I decide to spend a week there.

I'm considering the Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort because 1) it's adults-only, and 2) it's rave reviews on Trip Advisor.

I'd like to hear what other cruisers have to say about the Jamaica for a Day program specifically for the Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort.

Can anybody chime in? Please?

we went to this resort in december through jamaicaforaday with a resort pass. they picked us up at the dock. there was only one other couple, so we negotiated being taken back to the ship a little bit later so we could spend more time at the resort. we got there in less than 10 minutes.

we checked in at the front desk. they can put anything in a safe if you would like. we bypassed a cruise tour group to grab some loungers on the beach, but it didn't seem like there was a shortage.

the actual swimming area is kind of small, but is fine if you just want to get into the water. there are catamarans and kayaks available to use.

there are two pools, including one with a dunn's falls waterfall. there is also at least one hot tub. you can get a massage on the beach.

all alcohol and drinks are included. the alcohol is not top shelf, but they make the drinks strong.

we werent told that the buffet closes, so we missed out on that. there's a grill for things like burgers and hot dogs. there's also a place for pizza. we ended up ordering a pizza and it took almost 45 minutes - too long for the short time we had at the resort.

we weren't interested in climbing the actual falls and were exhausted from the rest of our cruise, so for our circumstances the resort was what we needed. if we found ourselves docked at ocho rios again, had the money and some more time, i'd consider going there again.

ry%3D400

the pool and waterfall

ry%3D400

swimup bar

ry%3D400

the water

ry%3D400

the beach area

Went to this resort 2 years ago on a cruise. At that point you just booked it yourself directly with the hotel and got your own transportation to get there it was much cheaper then.

We had a fantastic day, I did write a review thread so if you use the search tool you should find it.

Personally, I find the price a bit high now but that's me and our budget is limited. The food wonderful and the drinks were great. I took part in a water aerobics class and did some kayaking and spent lots of time floating around the pool on a mat with a drink in hand.

Awesome!

Awesome!

Thanks very much for your input!

Our ship, the Dawn repo-cruise to Boston in April, is pulling into Ocho Rios at noon and leaving at 8pm.

I'm teetering about doing it now. I read elsewhere that the day-passes are only good until 4:30/5PM. Can anybody confirm/deny that?

So, considering when the ships pulls into port, and all the hub-bub at the pier, it'll probably be ~1PM when we get to the resort. By the time we scarf down some lunch and get comfortable, it'll seem like we'll have to go. I'm starting to think it's not very good value without at least getting supper into us.

Anyone have any additional thoughts?

Archived