Excursions in Grand Caymen and Dunns River

Chrisp414

Hi all - we're going on the Freedom in May and are thinking of booking Native Way Tours (Rays, Reef and Rum Point Beach) and when in Jamaica, Courtney Taylor Dunns River Falls and River Tubing. Anyone do these recently and if so, how were they - anyone find anything better (i.e, pricewise, experience, etc.) Thanks in advance. Also, on the Dunns River Falls trip, is the transportation to/from separate from the river and falls?

Hi all - we're going on the Freedom in May and are thinking of booking Native Way Tours (Rays, Reef and Rum Point Beach) and when in Jamaica, Courtney Taylor Dunns River Falls and River Tubing. Anyone do these recently and if so, how were they - anyone find anything better (i.e, pricewise, experience, etc.) Thanks in advance. Also, on the Dunns River Falls trip, is the transportation to/from separate from the river and falls?

We are also going on the Freedom in May.... We are considering things to do on Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman also.....not sure I am physically fit enough to do Dunns River ... Would hate to pay the money to just walk up the steps.....I have seen a good excursion with Moby Dick tours to the falls though....I am interested to see what others suggest

Our group of 5 did the Nativeway Rays, Reef, and Rum Point trip in December. (my third trip with them). Everyone had a wonderful time. We loved the lunch at Rum Point. We made our choices on the way there, and our plates were ready when we got to Rum Point.

Dunns River Falls is awesome! My advice- bring your own aqua socks or similar type shoes or you will have to pay to rent them there. Also, buy a disposable waterproof camera so you can take pictures.. also very expensive if you wait to buy there. There is a tourist trap area outside of the falls where locals will approach you. One of the biggest tricks is for them to ask your name, and while talking to you they will write it on a piece of wood or carve it and then make you purchase it for some ridiculous price. Your best bet is to avoid the tourist area and if you do, be sure not to tell anyone your name or where you are from, stick to the phrases "No thank you" and "I'm just looking." If you want to buy something, ask the price then offer half of what they tell you. EVERYTHING is negotiable!

Our group of 5 did the Nativeway Rays, Reef, and Rum Point trip in December. (my third trip with them). Everyone had a wonderful time. We loved the lunch at Rum Point. We made our choices on the way there, and our plates were ready when we got to Rum Point.

Is the lunch included in the price of the tour? Just wondering.

We are criusing on Freedom in a couple of weeks and have booked:

G. Cayman - Stingray / Snorkel / Turtle Park / Sightseeing tour with Captain Marvins

Jamaica - Dunn's River Falls / Ochos Rios shopping with KnowJamaica (Marva Shaw)

I'll post a review when we get back...

We are criusing on Freedom in a couple of weeks and have booked:

G. Cayman - Stingray / Snorkel / Turtle Park / Sightseeing tour with Captain Marvins

Jamaica - Dunn's River Falls / Ochos Rios shopping with KnowJamaica (Marva Shaw)

I'll post a review when we get back...

OK Thanks - I'll be looking for it.

Archived