Capt Bobs tour

Dukesmith95

Has anyone booked with capt Bobs tours in st. Maarten and did you have any issues getting back to the ship on time. My itinerary says ship departure at 5:00 which means we need to be onboard by 4:30. The tour doesn't arrive back to pier until 4:00. Just very concerned about getting ship left.

Has anyone booked with capt Bobs tours in st. Maarten and did you have any issues getting back to the ship on time. My itinerary says ship departure at 5:00 which means we need to be onboard by 4:30. The tour doesn't arrive back to pier until 4:00. Just very concerned about getting ship left.

Be concerned. Be VERY concerned. ANYTHING can delay a tour: ocean currents, other guests being late back in between points etc. I took this tour in January and despite assurances we would be at the pier at 4:00 with time for shopping we were NOT. We got there at 4:40 and had to run for our lives to catch the boat. The other couple thought it was exciting but I did not. Had then not helped me with my snorkel gear and back pack I would have missed the boat. One ran ahead and alerted the crew two more were running so we weren't left and they pulled the gangway up behind us! :eek:

A 4:00 pm return time with a 5:00 pm departure is cutting it way too close and I learned my lesson and won't do that again with any tour I book. At least 90 minutes before departure of the cruise ship as a return time or I find another excursion.

Thank you so much for the response, that just decided it for me. Can you recommend any other cool excursions for a family of 4 with two early teenagers?

Try this company: highly rated on Trip Advisor and offer 2 hour, half and full day trips. http://thebestofsxm.com/crbst_3.html

Keep in mind that the French side of the island is clothing optional on many beaches when you plan excursions with teenagers who may or may not have the maturity to behave appropriately when this is encountered.

If this excursion isn't what you are looking for Trip Advisor is the one I use for reliable recommendations.

Le Galion Beach is billed as a great family beach with facilities.

Sitting at the airport waiting for my return flight for our trip to the Caribbean. We went with Capt Bob in St. Martin and it was probably the highlight of our vacation. We were also on a cruise and were to be back on the ship by 4:30. Capt Bob is very much aware of these times and we had no problem getting back in time. The local time in St. Martin was 1 hour ahead of our "ship" time so when we returned to the dock, we still had at least an hour until we were due back on the ship. (We cruised with Royal Caribbean). I hope this helps and you have a wonderful vacation!

Just returned from the Oasis of the Seas Feb 23rd cruise. We were in St Maarten on Wednesday the 27th. I booked an excursion with CPT Bob for a large group. To a person we all said it was the highlight of the trip. At no time were we concerned about getting back to the ship. Our ship departed at 5:00 pm and we were instructed to be on board no later than 4:30. CPT Bob asked when we were do back and had us at the dock at 3:45. It is a 5 minute walk to the ship from where he docked. You can see it setting right there when you pull up. If getting back to the ship on time is your only concern as to booking with CPT Bob or not I would make a reservation. It is not a problem and if you don't you will miss out on what I would consider one of the primer excursions in the Caribbean! Simply incredible!

We spent Saturday, March 2 with Captain Bob and it was an awesome day! I will post a detailed review this week, but to anyone questioning getting back in time, don't worry. We were supposed to be on board at 4:30, he had us back to his dock at 3:45 and it is a ten minute walk to the ship. He does a fantastic trip. We will definitely do it again.

We booked with Capt Bob. I will say he was extremely professional. We expressed concern about being back in time and he had us back at the marina before 4PM. We saw so much...expensive yachts & villas, made a snorkel stop with turtles and another at a reef, a stop at Pinel beach and a stop at a local restaurant for lunch and our last stop at Maho to see the planes come in. I have slight mobility issue ( a weaker leg) and Capt Bob was very concerned and helpful with making sure I was able to get on and off the back of the boat with as much ease as possible. Well worth the extra money over going on a "cattle-maran" tour sponsored by the ship. We had 10 people on our trip and Capt Bob learned all our names within the first 10 mins and used them all day. He did a special stop to show us something "cool" I won't spoil it for you but it was very fun!

• 2 years later...

does anyone have any experience with the time the carnival conquest arrives in St. Maarten? Atlantic or Eastern? We are going to be there on 12/15/15 and have booked with Captain Bob. He says be at his dock at 9:30 local time, Conquest's itinerary says they arrive in St. Maarten at 9:00 am. Even IF we arrive at 9am local time, it feels like we will be cutting it too close to get off the ship in15 minutes and then to his dock by 9:30. I've emailed Captain Bob about my concern an he says I should contact my cruise line. I feel I will get a more accurate answer from my fellow cruisers, than from Carnivals customer service rep. Thanks in advance for your help