Oasis Royal Connect WOW Iphone - Case provided?

Hi everyone

We are planning on renting this on our trip next week.

Can anyone who has rented them tell me if a case is provided? I am nervous about carrying one around without a case. I read that they are $500 if they are broken. :eek:

If no case is provided does anyone know which version of Iphone they are? We have cases for our own phones that we may be able to use.

Thanks

Suzanne

kamusta1- Thanks for the speedy response. That's good to know.

How did you like them? On our last cruise on the Allure 2 years ago we had DECT Phones and they were invaluable to keep track of our teens on such a big ship.

Suzanne

At first we loved them. It was great to text back and forth, view the compass, and call each other. Voice quality is not the best. It was hard to make out what the other person was saying. We started to have connection problems and had to frequently reboot. Texts weren't being received at times. It became more of a hassle than a convince. We ended up returning them after a 2 day. They give you a 3 day trial. There were 2 other groups having the same issues as us. I feel the DECT phones are more reliable even if they only can be used to call each other and its cheaper too.

Are the DECT phones also available? I thought the WOW phones replaced the DECT phones?

I'm pretty sure both are available. I have seen people using both. I will be on Oasis next week and can find out for you.

We used the wow phones for an extended family vacation in sept. it's true, the voice aspect doesn't work well. However, we found them invaluable for trying to meet up as a family on such a big ship. The texting generally worked fine and there is also a map function that lets you know approximately where on the ship the other phones are . This was also a little spotty but still was really nice to have.

Archived