Curious, magic 2/27/13 anyone else deathly ill?

Txcruzer46

This was the same thing that happened to several of us on March 3-10 and it was norovirus, (testing, on my daughter proved this)..it was on the magic when we got on. I spent 4 days in ICU for afib, heart rate was 212, caused by dehydration. I am working with other people who were on this ship to try and get a full refund. With or without an attorney.

On magic after dinner, grand cayman night. I got deathly ill. Family ate same food all day. But not at dinner, I ate Chateau briand for dinner. After 10 pm got very sick all night. Only 1 drink at dinner. Haha. It sounded like someone in the other cabin was sick too. I didn't miss not docking in Cozumel.

Glad you were lucky. A lot of people we talked to had gotten sick on board. I have been on 5 cruises before this one, my last one. I will have a-fib for the rest of my life now, and have to take blood thinners. No one at Carnival gives a crap about the passengers. Only the cash. It was Norovirus testing proved this. It had been reported to the CDC before we boarded. However, we were not told about it. "SHAME ON YOU CARNIVAL, PUTTING YOUR PROFITS BEFORE PEOPLES HEALTH AND SAFETY." Someone said "you didn't drink enough, I don't drink at all...I keep hand sanitize with me and use it constantly. I only drank bottles water that I carried with me onboard. This was not my fault, or anyone elses who got this virus.

Sorry all of ya'll got sick! We were on the March 3-10 cruise (our wedding cruise) and got the letter that you were talking about previously, but we never got sick. Thank goodness!!

Glad you were lucky. A lot of people we talked to had gotten sick on board. I have been on 5 cruises before this one, my last one. I will have a-fib for the rest of my life now, and have to take blood thinners. No one at Carnival gives a crap about the passengers. Only the cash. It was Norovirus testing proved this. It had been reported to the CDC before we boarded. However, we were not told about it. "SHAME ON YOU CARNIVAL, PUTTING YOUR PROFITS BEFORE PEOPLES HEALTH AND SAFETY." Someone said "you didn't drink enough, I don't drink at all...I keep hand sanitize with me and use it constantly. I only drank bottles water that I carried with me onboard. This was not my fault, or anyone elses who got this virus.

I'm sorry for what all you went through. I thought it was funny about the ship being sick because the people weren't drinking enough. We have been on 12 cruises, never have I been sick or knew that that anyone else was sick and I only have a drink before dinner. It's hard on this forum to just get information, too many critics and un-needed posts. Haha.

I do believe carnival is responsible, illness is illness and we all get sick. But a virus that they knew about, they should have taken some time to attempt a better cleaning. They knew people were going to get sick and that's a shame. I have read before that carnival reimbursed passengers who got sick for the days they were sick, but they should be paying some medical bills.

How did you find out that the CDC was notified?

I'm sorry for what all you went through. I thought it was funny about the ship being sick because the people weren't drinking enough. We have been on 12 cruises, never have I been sick or knew that that anyone else was sick and I only have a drink before dinner. It's hard on this forum to just get information, too many critics and un-needed posts. Haha.

I do believe carnival is responsible, illness is illness and we all get sick. But a virus that they knew about, they should have taken some time to attempt a better cleaning. They knew people were going to get sick and that's a shame. I have read before that carnival reimbursed passengers who got sick for the days they were sick, but they should be paying some medical bills.

How did you find out that the CDC was notified?

Please let me know how your pursuit of reimbursement is going, I will be happy to help anyway I can. We were the group that got off the Sunday you boarded and I know of several sick people on our cruise, so maybe we can help.

We got back from the Magic March 31. Come April 1st my sister who was on the cruise with us start getting very sick. She started feeling bad on the Monday we returned. She has flu like symptoms; dizzy, achy, fever, chills, her eyes hurt, headache etc. She is still feeling very bad.

I don't think it was from the cruise although we can't rule that out, I do think she picked a bug on the way home- we did ride a bus back with 40+ other people.

Please let me know how your pursuit of reimbursement is going, I will be happy to help anyway I can. We were the group that got off the Sunday you boarded and I know of several sick people on our cruise, so maybe we can help.

pamnwoody@hotmail.com this is my e-mail address please ask anyone who became ill to contact me here. I will give them a phone number thru a message we can compare stories. There is a man in San Antonio; I have been in touch with who is trying to get his money back also. My daughter became ill the last night of the voyage. Carnival knew the virus was on the ship Sunday, when we got on, because they had reported it to the CDC. I have all the contact info for the CDC if anyone wants to call and have them check to see if they were reported to the CDC as sick.

I would like for Carnival to have to post this kind of information for the public to see. If I had been given the choice? I would have elected to skip this trip, eat the passage, and stay on shore. It would have been better than being in ICU for 4 days, after I returned home, wondering if I was going to be able to watch my kids grow up…which by the way: I drove straight from Galveston to Baylor, where I was admitted, the Sunday we returned: 3-10-13.I want my money fully refunded to both me and my daughter. It was a trip from hell, my 5th and last one.

Archived