Booking one rate then price adjusting...help please?

tampabrat22

Before the Early Saver rate was introduced we always booked with a group. Since the ES rate was introduced we have booked that way and then always checked the rates and had it adjusted accordingly. I have my eye on an 8 day sailing and it is included in this current promotion. I am conflicted on which rate to book. I'd like to book the promotion to get the $450 OBC, but I love that I can get price adjustments almost up until sailing with the ES rate.

So here's my question...if we book any other rate besides ES, if I see a lower price down the road can I request an adjustment? And does that mean any of the published rates as long as it is the same category and such?

Before the Early Saver rate was introduced we always booked with a group. Since the ES rate was introduced we have booked that way and then always checked the rates and had it adjusted accordingly. I have my eye on an 8 day sailing and it is included in this current promotion. I am conflicted on which rate to book. I'd like to book the promotion to get the $450 OBC, but I love that I can get price adjustments almost up until sailing with the ES rate.

So here's my question...if we book any other rate besides ES, if I see a lower price down the road can I request an adjustment? And does that mean any of the published rates as long as it is the same category and such?

Here is my understanding:

1- You can book ES now and then immediately put in the price protection form for the current promotion/sale rate before the sale expires. I just did this a few weeks ago and had the reduction approved.

2- Of if you decide to instead book another rate now that comes with a refundable deposit (such as Past Guest), you can supposedly get price reductions up until final payment (but not after final payment). The reasoning behind this is that you technically could cancel the booking with no penalty and then re-book under the new rate that you are essentially trying to price match to, so they often don't make you (and them) go through the hassle and will apply the price reduction to the amount you owe at final payment.

If the promotion you want to match to comes with a higher fare but nets you a gain in the long run after considering the OBC, you are required to pay the higher amount up front--they won't just give you the difference in OBC.

If the promotion you want to match to comes with a higher fare but nets you a gain in the long run after considering the OBC, you are required to pay the higher amount up front--they won't just give you the difference in OBC.

Awesome... This answers one of my questions on a another topic I posted.. Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

1- You can book ES now and then immediately put in the price protection form for the current promotion/sale rate before the sale expires. I just did this a few weeks ago and had the reduction approved.

2- Of if you decide to instead book another rate now that comes with a refundable deposit (such as Past Guest), you can supposedly get price reductions up until final payment (but not after final payment). The reasoning behind this is that you technically could cancel the booking with no penalty and then re-book under the new rate that you are essentially trying to price match to, so they often don't make you (and them) go through the hassle and will apply the price reduction to the amount you owe at final payment.

Is this just for price matching up to final payment.

Is this just for price matching up to final payment.

Hmmm, can't answer that since I haven't had it happen since making final payment. Today's sale with OBC comes out to exactly what I paid, so nothing to gain. If it were lower, I think I'd fill out the form and ask for the OBC and see what happens. If they won't do it without charging more to the credit card, they will give you the option of calling in to authorize the charge or just letting it go, I believe. I'm hoping since I've already made my final payment that there will be other rates that are lower than these OBC promotions (and more straightforward), such as senior rate or resident rate. If anybody else has any first-hand experience with these OBC promotions after final payment with ES, maybe they can shed some more light.

That's the way that I understand it.

Archived