Pullman or Sofa Bed - Which is Better?

Hi everyone,

We have a Quad OV Cabin reserved for our family of 4 during our 2006 Spring Break Cruise. This particular cabin has pullman beds. My kids are 14 (DD) and 11 (DS).

This past April I went with my kids on a cruise and since my DH didn't go, only my DS had a pullman. At first he didn't like the idea, but once he realized he had a great view of the TV, he was fine. But I'm not sure my 14 y.o. will be too keen on the idea.

So, which do kids of this age usually prefer? I know when have rented condos on vacation in the past, my kids complained that the sofa beds were uncomfortable. But I don't know how comfortable the sofa beds on cruiseships are.

Should I try to get a different cabin? Balconies and Jr. Suites are sold out.

Thank you!

I just got off the Navigator last week. My DS slept on the sofa bed. It was kind of hard. I don't think 2 teenagers of opposite sex would be very comfortable on the sofa. It's not a pull out, but rather opens like a futton. The back of the couch becomes one side of the bed (very hard) and the seat cushion is the other part (softer due to use as a sofa). When open, the 2 sides are not equal in width with the back being wider than the seat cushion part with a small gap between them. It was fine for one child but I don't think for 2.

OK. Sounds like we have the best situation for a quad then. And you're right... my kids would not like to have to share a sofa bed either. I think once I tell them that this is the only way to each have their own bed, they'll be glad to have the pullmans...

Thanks.

I just noticed something interesting.

We are wait listed for a D1 balcony room on the Enchantment, but when I look at the ship layout for D1 balcony cabins, I don't see the option of 2 pullmans.... I only see the option of 1 pullman and 1 sofa bed.

Is this correct?

yes the pullman is the best choice. I have been in many bal, rooms and none have had a pullman. all have tiny sofas, not queens but a small double. Will not fit two big kids, little ones under 6 would be ok, but I would seperatem them too. too muvh closeness for a week.

The sofa bed was good for one kid... my youngest slept on the pullman. My only advice is this... slip the room steward some cash at the beginning and insist that your room get done early!!!!!! With the beds out etc... it is crowded. Some days our room didn't get done until noon and it was terrible trying to duck around the pullman. Also, even if you have early seating... ask that they don't pull out the beds until late... unless you are early getting to bed!!!!!!! It will make changing after dinner etc much easier for you if the beds are not down!!!!

Have a great time on your cruise!!!!!!!

We've had both actually, and I would definitely go for the pullman. The ONLY bad thing about our Mariner cruise last month was that sofa bed. It was as hard as a rock! By night four, I would have rather slept on the floor(and briefly considered it).:eek:

Archived