HMC vs. Coco Cay

Jamie22

I am trying to plan a surprise trip for my parents, but I am having trouble deciding on which cruise to book and I was hoping for y'alls opinions.

Both cruises leave from Jacksonville. Both are five day. One goes to Nassau and Half Moon Cay and the other is Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. The only differences in the itinerary beside the the stops is the time in Nassau. One is 8-5 the other is 9-8.

Is there actually a difference between the two places? I've read they sit on the same stretch of beach.

Any opinions on the one you would choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is there actually a difference between the two places? I've read they sit on the same stretch of beach.

They are two different islands. Little Stirrup Cay is the actual name of the island (RCCL branded it CocoCay). Half Moon Cay is Carnival's brand name for Little San Salvador Island.

These are completely different islands. HMC is a bit further south. There are many pictures available. Just Google Half Moon Cay images and Coco Cay images (it is a Royal Caribbean island temporarily being used by Carnival). Though I like Coco Cay, I have been to both and find Half Moon Cay to be much nicer - nicer sand, nicer beach, nicer footing in the water, nicer dining areas. Additionally, the procedures are already in place for HMC; Carnival crews may need a bit of time to get used to serving passengers on Coco Cay.

I have never been to coco cay...but was at half moon cay last November and it was amazing...we were on the first tender to the island and the last tender back to the boat...we did NOT want to leave!!...half moon cay is a beautiful island and I can't wait to go back!!

I have been to both and am excited that the Fascination is going to Coco Cay instead of KW because I like that island and can now do a b2b and not have to go to KW. With that being said HMC also wins for me over Coco Cay. While you do not have to walk as far once off tender at CC the island known as HMC is far more beautiful and fun in my opinion.

I am trying to plan a surprise trip for my parents, but I am having trouble deciding on which cruise to book and I was hoping for y'alls opinions.

Both cruises leave from Jacksonville. Both are five day. One goes to Nassau and Half Moon Cay and the other is Nassau and Little Stirrup Cay. The only differences in the itinerary beside the the stops is the time in Nassau. One is 8-5 the other is 9-8.

Any opinions on the one you would choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I've done both. Enjoyed both. :)

been to both..loved loved loved HMC even though Coco is nice too but not as beautiful. Add something special to your day and purchase a cabana..you won't regret it. Worth every penny and note that the price posted is not per person..only one person needs to book it for the price listed.

I'm voting for HMC for myself because I haven't been there yet. :)

From most accounts HMC is slightly better...although I have to say that, based on what I've read about HMC, the snorkeling at CocoCay is MUCH better. If you want to see lots and lots of fish, you can't beat it.

Have been to both and HMC wins hands down:):):)

+1!

Been to both and got back from HMC 2 days ago. HMC BY FAR! Cococay was nice but it ain't no HMC. Just stay away from the kids end. Definitely go all the way up on the pirate ship bar and take a camera! :)

Archived