Captain Bob VERSUS Bernard's Tours

Hey Everyone! So my boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in just 10 days! :) So excited, I have been doing an insane amount of research and have seen that Captain Bob and Bernards Tours are basically the two main tours in St Martin that people have done and both seem to be very high rated and people love them. I need help deciding which one to do! Has anybody done both tours? Opinions on that? Both seem to have what we want to do which is Orient Beach, a bit of shopping in Marigot (probably not spelt right oops) and then to Maho Beach to see planes. SOOOOO any input anyone has on which one to book would be great as I need to make a decision ASAP! Also few other questions:

At Orient Beach can you use US dollars or do you have to do currentcy exchange?

Do you guys usually tip on the excursion and if so how much?

How much are drinks/lunch on the island?

Thanks for all your help I know there are alot of questions on here. :D

Hey Everyone! So my boyfriend and I are going on our first cruise in just 10 days! :) So excited, I have been doing an insane amount of research and have seen that Captain Bob and Bernards Tours are basically the two main tours in St Martin that people have done and both seem to be very high rated and people love them. I need help deciding which one to do! Has anybody done both tours? Opinions on that? Both seem to have what we want to do which is Orient Beach, a bit of shopping in Marigot (probably not spelt right oops) and then to Maho Beach to see planes. SOOOOO any input anyone has on which one to book would be great as I need to make a decision ASAP! Also few other questions:

At Orient Beach can you use US dollars or do you have to do currentcy exchange?

Do you guys usually tip on the excursion and if so how much?

How much are drinks/lunch on the island?

Thanks for all your help I know there are alot of questions on here. :D

If you are adventuresome& live an active lifestyle definitely do Capt. Bob. speedboating, snorkeling, beaches & lunch included.Did the excursion 2 weeks ago today! You can use US currency. Tips on excursion @15-20%.

We did Capt Bob and were thrilled with it. The best tour we did all week. If you are looking for shopping or lazing on the beach, this is not the tour you want. It is action packed time on a power boat doing snorkeling stops, a beach stop, a lunch stop and a stop at Maho to see the jets come in low to land at the airport. Capt Bob is vey nice and will call you all by name & make sure you all have a good time. 12 people per boat if you book directly with him and request to have Capt Bob he will do his best to be your captain for the day. There are more then one "pirate power boat". They all do the same stops but Capt Bob has the best reviews and I can see why! There is beer, water and soda on the boat. Lunch was your choice of ribs, chicken or fresh fish (I had the fish & it was awesome) Bring lots of sunscreen and a towel and then hold on! You meet at the marina, about a 10 min walk from the ship at 9:30 and get back around 4.

I would contact capt Bob via email bcass1111@gmail.com

I am not sure if they have restrictions on age or height and I would assume you would need a life jacket for a 3 yr old. If the waters are calm like they were the day we were there there wasn't a lot of bouncing (of course we were sitting at the back of the boat which is less bouncy) BUT the snorkel stops require you to get off the back of the boat into deeper water. Snorkeling is NOT off the beach. The beach & lunch stop require you to get off the boat into water that is waist high or deeper if you are short like I am (5'3")

One other question on getting off the boats for snorkeling. Was there a ladder to get back into the boat or did you have to somehow heave yourself up on it? That was the situtation when we went in Mexico and I NEED to have a ladder! :)

Archived