Taking little man on his first cruise

ktkep26

I am taking my son(5) on his first cruise this December on the Carnival Fantasy. I know that he is going to have a great time on the ship and in the kids club. What I am wanting to know if the dolphin excursion would be a good one to do with him? I was planning to do the one in Freeport. I have been told that it is not a good idea since he is young (age 5). Opinions?

The Dolphin thing depends on how comfortable your son is in the water... Also, read the excursion carefully, because sometimes the ship will not allow you to book the Dolphin experience if your kid is under a certain age.

We had done the dolphin thing in Cozumel while aboard an RCI ship. The excursion RCI offered did not allow children under the age of 8 to participate. We ended up booking the dolphin swim directly online instead of through the ship's excursion desk.

dolphinsk.jpg

This was in 2007... my daughter was 3 or 4 at the time... I have the GOOD photo the Dolphin people took somewhere, but I would have to scan it in....

Freeport Bahamas does allow 2 year olds (all ages are welcome - see link below)

It's under Unexo

http://www.unexso.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=91&Itemid=50

And here is my daughter at age 2 at that exact dolphin encounter. We loved this one. I had to search for it because she was so young at the time. But now I LOVE looking back on this experience with her.

Cruise-06-GabDolphin.jpg

Archived