Smoking Policy Change?

jmkennett

On our Mediterranean cruise in 2011 we had smokers on either side of us on our verandah. We were smoked out most of the time. We couldn't have our door open at port as the smoke wafted into our room. We tolerated it when we were watching coming into port, but the majority of time we had August a short time before one or the other came out for a smoke and we had to call it quits

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Having your balcony door open affects the other cabins AC. I was on the Eurodam in an inside room on the Verandah deck and my room was hot. I was told by the cabin steward that it was because some of the cabins with balconies had their doors open. Smoke is annoying to some and so is the inconsiderate passenger that leaves their door open.

Hopefully not on the Eurodam in March, I booked with HAL for a few reasons but a big one was that I could smoke on my verandah. That was the policy when I booked and I intend to smoke anyway :rolleyes:

you are right! HA allows smoking on the balcony so don't worry about it. Just be considerate to your neighbors and if you get any flack, remind them that HA allows it and you have the right to enjoy your balcony too.

How funny that I hear on other boards people say "It didn't bother my air conditioning at all when I left my balcony door open". They don't know that it affects the cabins in their block (and maybe other blocks). '

How many cruiselines have been told their airconditioning doesn't work when it was just an inconsiderate passenger?

This is not directed AT you, but posted to you because of your so true statement!!!

Watch the sail aways and count the verandah doors that are wide open during them:(

I CRINGE every time I see all those blasted doors wide open thinking about the unlucky passengers that are adversely affected by the thoughtless passengers who do this:(

We had this problem with the same stateroom, different passengers on our last B2B Alaska cruise......Both couples were from Australia on Land/Cruise tours and they both propped their verandah doors wide open, almost 24/7. The 2nd week I happened to be coming out of our stateroom at the same time they were and asked them if they knew about the A/C being affected by their open door. They told me no and that they had not thought about that possibility. Their door remained closed after that. From what the lady said, they could not get the stateroom cool enough with the A/C so opened the door to allow the colder outside air in................

So, moral of this is to talk to your neighbor(s) if you know that they are leaving the verandah door open and explain to them about the affect it has on so many other staterooms, most especially those inside staterooms who depend upon the A/C...........

Joanie

Archived