Late for dinner

shebubbles28

Ok, I have not sailed since ATD was started maybe someone can tell me this, can you go to the ATD if you know that you would be very late for your early seating time? Is that an option or do you have to be assigned ATD to use it?

Can only use ATD if you sign up for it before the cruise and all dinners will be there.

I like ATD, not having to rush after ports or worrying about having a late lunch. We had the same waitstaff and the same people sitting with us every night. We still made it to the dining rooms around early dining sitting, but on the next cruise we did ATD as if we are late for dinner, my daughter has severe food allergies that the buffet would make difficult to feed her. Same with room service.

I might make that after 20 minutes instead, but that's the limit.

My reasoning: on a larger ship, 20 minutes allows a bit of time for someone to go back to their cabin if they forgot something, or -- as other posters have stated -- time to negotiate a wheelchair through the treacherous shoals of elevator-hell.

I would guess a disabled cruiser may be able to talk their way into the dining room if they arrived late.

If you are able-bodied, get there on time!

I like ATD, not having to rush after ports or worrying about having a late lunch. We had the same waitstaff and the same people sitting with us every night. We still made it to the dining rooms around early dining sitting, but on the next cruise we did ATD as if we are late for dinner, my daughter has severe food allergies that the buffet would make difficult to feed her. Same with room service.

How did you make out with ATD and your daughter's food allergies. We do early and we tell headwaiter and he sends over hostess and they go over her allergies and each night order her next days dinner.

Work the same way with ATD?

How did you make out with ATD and your daughter's food allergies. We do early and we tell headwaiter and he sends over hostess and they go over her allergies and each night order her next days dinner.

Work the same way with ATD?

I'll get back to you in October, but I would imagine its similar.

I am a person who finds it extremely rude when people know what time they are expected to turn up for something and just blatantly ignore it. If you cannot be bothered to get there on time, and you are a person who knows you are always late then why do you bother booking a set time for dinner when it is showing not only disrespect for your fellow diners, but ignorance of the job the waiters and everyone involved in the dining kitchen.

I agree they should shut the doors, but then those who are locked out probably wouldn't tip the MD at the end of the cruise so they are thinking of themselves and nobody else.....this is obviously not an issue on only 1 ship but across the fleet....so Carnival need to start imposing conditions on the YTD and if the people who are constantly late find themselves locked out, they will soon mend their ways.

We did try different banks of elevators on different nights, but there was always quite a wait for them.

Did you try going up instead of down? Or the opposite?

Not arguing, just ideas.:):)

Did you try going up instead of down? Or the opposite?

Not arguing, just ideas.:):)

We even said that, if we could find an elevator with enough space for one, we didn't care which way it was going. Hubby and I always took the stairs once we got her into one, but it seemed like they were always packed until 5 minutes or so after the dining room opened. The last night it took more like 15 minutes, but we also helped a nonverbal man in a wheelchair get an elevator first.

We really hate being late, so we've decided on the next cruise, we'll just have to be ready for dinner early and go wait somewhere near the dining room by 5:30pm.

I'm always early for everything else in life and it nearly drove me bonkers knowing we were late for dinner every night because of the elevator situation. We were leaving for dinner about 30 minutes early every night, it just took that long to get her in an elevator. The last night was so embarrassing we almost didn't go, but wanted to say goodbye to the team and give them some extra tips. We were trying, once again, to get an elevator about 20 minutes early and ended up getting there 25 minutes late.

Hint: if you want to go down, get on the up elevator. It will come back down. And vice/versa.

Archived