Got my obc for the 4 day sale!!!

kafraser78

Woo hoo!!! I love carnival they were so nice and helpful! we got our OBC of $220!!! that's alot and can go towards our cheers program when we get on the ship because we bought FTTF!!! :D

Just sucks we have to wait 9 months!!! :(

Woo hoo!!! I love carnival they were so nice and helpful! we got our OBC of $220!!! that's alot and can go towards our cheers program when we get on the ship because we bought FTTF!!! :D

Just sucks we have to wait 9 months!!! :(

Did you just now book, or were you get them to give you the OBC because you had booked early saver previously?

Did you just now book, or were you get them to give you the OBC because you had booked early saver previously?

We booked about a month ago, and just now noticed this 4 day sale posted on carnival.com

Since we booked with early saver, I called to see if we could still get this special, and get the on board credit. The representative, who was VERY nice, explained to me that the OBC for THIS SALE is only for NEW bookings. So, pretty much, since we already booked a month ago, we are S.O.L. I was pretty bummed, but there was no way of knowing this sale was going to take place. If I knew, obviously I would have waited!!

Kind of sucks, but she told me to call weekly and check for price drops until our sail date.

One good thing did come out of this though....I learned that the military discount isn't just for ACTIVE or RETIRED. She informed me that all VETERANS with a DD FM 214 can get the discount, also.

We booked about a month ago, and just now noticed this 4 day sale posted on carnival.com

Since we booked with early saver, I called to see if we could still get this special, and get the on board credit. The representative, who was VERY nice, explained to me that the OBC for THIS SALE is only for NEW bookings. So, pretty much, since we already booked a month ago, we are S.O.L. I was pretty bummed, but there was no way of knowing this sale was going to take place. If I knew, obviously I would have waited!!

Kind of sucks, but she told me to call weekly and check for price drops until our sail date.

One good thing did come out of this though....I learned that the military discount isn't just for ACTIVE or RETIRED. She informed me that all VETERANS with a DD FM 214 can get the discount, also.

Call again and ask someone else. My TA got that same response from a Carnival Rep yesterday when he called to request my early saver drop for this sale. He called back, talked to someone else and got it for me. Within 8 hours of my request I had updated documents from Carnival with an increase in price for both of my rooms of $180 each but $250 OBC applied to each room...net gain to me $70 per room. Don't give up so easily...some of the Carnival Reps don't have a clue.

My wife and I are going on our 88th-90th cruises (on many lines) this year. As info, you can book on any line at any fare (except non-refundable or interline) and get any amenity or price adjustment that comes out prior to your penalty period. On most cruises, the penalty period begins between 45 and 90 days before the cruise. Your individual cruise contract will give you details. Before then, the lines will give you the deal because you could cancel and re-book anyway. The Carnival Early Saver fare extends this period until about 2 days before the cruise. Save $$ & enjoy. P.S., the Carnival Steak Houses are the best we've found at Sea.

Call again and ask someone else. My TA got that same response from a Carnival Rep yesterday when he called to request my early saver drop for this sale. He called back, talked to someone else and got it for me. Within 8 hours of my request I had updated documents from Carnival with an increase in price for both of my rooms of $180 each but $250 OBC applied to each room...net gain to me $70 per room. Don't give up so easily...some of the Carnival Reps don't have a clue.

Same thing happened to us. Call back until you get someone who knows the rules. For this sale it does NOT state that it'sfor new bookings only, so you should get it! :)

Same thing happened to us. Call back until you get someone who knows the rules. For this sale it does NOT state that it'sfor new bookings only, so you should get it! :)

And it doesn't matter if it DOES state for new bookings only. Early saver is early saver. If it is a rate you qualify for, you get the credit and upgrades.

You need to call again before the sale runs out. If the rate is something you qualify for, you can get the difference and/or upgrades because you booked Early Saver. Obviously, the person you talked to does not know the rules. Most specials will say New Bookings only. But this does not apply to those who booked Early Saver. Don't ask them if you qualify, if you do , just tell them you would like the obc and or upgrades because you booked early saver. I hope you read this ontime to call before the sale disappears.

So as soon as the sale ends can you still get a rate reduction if you booked ES?

Yes. "Once booked Early Saver, always early saver" per my PVP when I asked when he upgraded our room yesterday and gave me $450 OBC :rolleyes: (meaning on same booking number)

Hi everyone! I am new to the easy saver program. I booked on the Breeze on Sept 28th in a balcony room. I got my price dropped from my initial price to the current easy saver rate, but the PG rate is $30 more but with the OBC credit is better than my rate. Am I able to ask for the difference in OBC or will they just book me to that rate with the credit under easy saver? Thank you all for help in better understanding the program.

Hi everyone! I am new to the easy saver program. I booked on the Breeze on Sept 28th in a balcony room. I got my price dropped from my initial price to the current easy saver rate, but the PG rate is $30 more but with the OBC credit is better than my rate. Am I able to ask for the difference in OBC or will they just book me to that rate with the credit under easy saver? Thank you all for help in better understanding the program.

They changed my rate to the higher one and gave me the full OBC...

Thanks! I'm gonna try again. I'm on hold now...

Again, thanks for your help.

I called and the guy told me to fill out the form and explain about the on board credit on the form. Well, when I went to carnival.com and selected the "OBC plus upgrades rate," My fare went up $260, but only gave me on board credit of $220, so I would have been taking a $40 loss. So, I just left mine how it is. The $40 would be worth it if I cared about upgrading to decks 7 or 8, but I'm fine with deck 6.

Again, thanks for your help.

I called and the guy told me to fill out the form and explain about the on board credit on the form. Well, when I went to carnival.com and selected the "OBC plus upgrades rate," My fare went up $260, but only gave me on board credit of $220, so I would have been taking a $40 loss. So, I just left mine how it is. The $40 would be worth it if I cared about upgrading to decks 7 or 8, but I'm fine with deck 6.

Your welcome. When I find a lower rate I always make a screen shot after I've done a mock booking all the way down to picking a room in a category mine is. This shows what sale I am looking at, the date, the number of people in the room, the room type, and the location of the room. If it is a past guest sale then I make sure to include my past guest number. This helps the my TA in supporting any arguments he may get from Carnival. I would always question any "no" responses as my TA did. As was proven by my TA, not all Carnival Reps know what they are talking about. My TA had to call back to get someone else in order to get my discount. Here's wishing you some discounts in the future:D.

Archived