Tipping the wedding staff?

I'm glad you asked this question, this issue puzzled us as well. We felt there were a few people that went above and beyond for our wedding so we tipped the coordinator, the photographer and the wait staff at Sabatini's. We didn't tip much, though, because a lot of what we paid for in the wedding included gratuity, but we slipped them an extra 20-50 dollars or so I think. Probably wasn't enough.

We tipped everyone $20.00. We tipped the planner, officent, cake cutter, pianist, servers, bar staff, and photographer, and videographer. We felt that was a decent amount, everyone worked so hard and everything was so nice! :)

Lindzlee

We did not tip anyone. Ours was a very small wedding and there was a much larger wedding just before ours that really kind of overshadowed ours and took the attention the wedding coordinator away from us. And the photographer even though he did take some nice photos really frustrated us throughout the whole process.

It was still a nice ceremony, I just had to work so hard to make sure everything went right because our wedding coordinator didn't take the time to do those things. I even had to go chase down the tuxedos which most of the cabin stewards had not got into our cabins yet.

And the wedding coordinator didn't remember that we wanted the moms to light the unity candles or that I wanted my dad to walk me down the aisle.

I'm not sure if you are suppose to tip or not. But we didn't feel they deserved anything extra.

• 2 weeks later...

We only tipped our photographer. Everyone else disappeared before we had a chance to do anything else. That is the one issue with getting married before a ship departs, seems a bit rushed with trying to get everyone on-board. I wouldn't have tipped our coordinator anyway, she arrived late barely got us on-board in time and disappeared right after the wedding. But everyone from Celebrity cruises was so wonderful that we would have liked to have a chance to tip more of them. Oh well....not much we can do about it now.

Archived