Advantages to booking a trip less than 30 days away?

We're looking at booking an RCI cruise on April 8th. We probably won't finalize plans until tomorrow which happens to be exactly 30 days away from the sailing date. Is there any advantage to waiting a few more days to watch for price drops or incentives since we'll be inside the 30-day window? We live 20 minutes from port so airfare and hotels aren't a concern.

Thanks everyone!

In my experience, most of the price drops, if they happen, will be nearer the 60 - 70 days out. The nearer to saildate the less inventory there is left to discount. Check to see availability of all catagories and you may get an idea on how full the ship is - the fuller the ship the lesser the chance of further discounts.

Pete

In my experience, most of the price drops, if they happen, will be nearer the 60 - 70 days out. The nearer to saildate the less inventory there is left to discount. Check to see availability of all catagories and you may get an idea on how full the ship is - the fuller the ship the lesser the chance of further discounts.

Pete

I agree... I found a balcony room (D3) on the Liberty leaving on March 16th about two months before cruise date. There were only a few cabins of that class left and they were going for $589 p/p for a 5 night cruise. Today, the same class cabin on that cruise goes for $1450 p/p. :eek: This goes to prove that the prices do not always drop as you get closer to the cruise date.

On the other hand, I booked a cruise on Jewel 10 days prior to the cruise because they had put the cabins on fire sale with a senior rate.

OP, there's no way to know when or if RCI will change the price of a cruise. As soon as you see a price that you like, book it and then don't look at your category again. But do look at better cabins in case you have the opportunity to upgrade if the price on those drop.

Archived