Tea Flavours on Indy

• 4 weeks later...
I know it's a pretty funny question but...

What types of tea are available onboard Indy?

And is there an extra cost for specialty flavours?

Thanks!

-brian

It depends where you are sailing from.

Out of US they use Tetley- Orange Pekoe (sometimes you can get decaffeinated) Mint, Camomile, and probably a few other flavours.

Out of the UK they use Twinings - English Breakfast (no problem finding decaffeinated), Mint, Camomile, Earl Grey and maybe a few others.

There is no charge for tea bags, which are available all day at the pizza shop and the coffee shop on the Promenade and at the buffet and restaurants during dining times. The coffee shop also has Chai available (hot or cold) for a charge.

If you are sailing from the UK you will have a tea kettle and a selection of teas available in your stateroom.

For some reason kettles and tea are removed from the cabins once you hit US waters. On my Transatlantic from England last fall I had a kettle up until the second last day, at which point they were removed from all rooms.

If you prefer specialty flavours, pack a box of your favourite tea in your luggage, and get hot water in order to brew your own.

Archived