7 year old son with Autism first cruise looking for suggestions

joomlarocks

Hey everyone! We leave for a cruise on the Carnival Breeze this coming Sunday, right now we are at Disney world with our little guy who is 7. I need a few suggestions because I am really hitting a wall with these excursions.

A little info, my son is 7 years old with autism and non verbal, however he is completely able to do anything and everything a typical child would do. He LOVES LOVES the water loves waterparks ..... I looked at the Atlantis excursion but it is like 190$ per person to me that seemed a bit steep.

Here are our stops:

Nassau, Bahamas

Grand Turk

Jamaica

I really want the funnest place to go with water related activities, there will be 7 of us total where ever we go, any suggestions from these 3 ports, from what I see on Carnivals website, mostly all excursions are either tours, or dolphin encounters, neither of which he would enjoy.

Think Beach, Boats, Tubes, slides waverunners that is what he loves... He is a thrill seeker!

Thanks so much for your help - I'm at a total loss because of my situation.

Grand Turk you get off the boat right at the beach. There is a pool right there with a sort of DJ getting people to play games. It is a big Margaritaville. We rented a golf cart and toured the island and I didn't see anything else on the island that would interest children. The food and drinks are very expensive there but you are so close to the ship, you can go back on for lunch.

In Jamaica I would suggest Dunn River Falls. You climb falls holding hands if he's OK with that. I would research all-inclusives on the Jamaica boards for hotels with lazy rivers or big pools with slides. The same in Nassau since Atlantis won't work for you. The slides at Atlantis are pretty steep and can be scary for young kids.

Ask question on the other islands boards for suggestions.

He would probably love Blue Lagoon in Nassau. You can do the Dolphin Encounter there which is a little spendy but you can just go to the island its self. They have all kinds of big blow ups in the water and you can rent water bikes and kayaks.

Archived