Must Go's in The Bahamas

SnJ01

What are some "must go" places in the Bahamas for great souvenirs and tshirts? We love Ron Job Surf Shop stuff, not sure if there is one in key west or in the Bahamas but looking for popular places to visit. We aren't into scuba or snorkeling...any help is appreciated

Hi guys, its nice to know there are other folks who are not so much into the water activities! ' Cause we are not...;)

There is huge Straw Market near the port in Nassau, where you can find some unique gifts. Most staff is common from vendor to vendor, so it takes a lot of time and patience to see it. If you open for a larger size souvenirs, there are wooden sculptures, some being done right in front off you, and also in great numbers.

And as a different place to visit I would recommend Ardastra Gardens and Zoo. It was only 10 of us, just one group from the ship, who went there. Not a very popular place but we enjoyed it a lot . You can check them out on-line. Black swans, white peacock, flamingos...:D

In Key West there are souvenir stores all over the place, close and far...

Key West is known for Ernst Hemingway's house , where he lived for 8 years and had few dozens of cats around. The building is well preserved and they maintain good number of cats on the property now in memory of great writer.

Jason, Shanna I hope I helped you a bit.

Have a wonderful time !

Kerry.

What are some "must go" places in the Bahamas for great souvenirs and tshirts? We love Ron Job Surf Shop stuff, not sure if there is one in key west or in the Bahamas but looking for popular places to visit. We aren't into scuba or snorkeling...any help is appreciated

There is both a Ron Jon and a Margaritaville in Key West. Other popular t-shirts are from Hog's Breath Saloon and Sloppy Joe's. We love going to the flying monkeys bar so that we can grab a cup with our frozen drink ... they tend to be the envy of my co-workers (not sure why) when I take them to work to use for water, etc. Also, in Key West, make sure you hit kermits for some Key Lime Pie - nothing better!

Archived