Chartering boat/yacht in Amalfi?

ChappChapp

We are booked on the Riviera for the "Italian Escapade" on July3. I want to hire a boat/yacht and captain for the day, July 6, to tour the coast Amalfi/Positano and Capri. Who has done this? What company did you use? How was it? What did it cost? Thank you for any help you can give.

ChapChap I see you are fairly new to CC and may not know of the port specific section. Though Oceania board posters have a tremendous amount of cruise and port of call experience and some great ideas so this is a good place to ask, you may also want to post this question on the Port of Call section. That said, if jimandstan recommend someone I am sure you would find them at the top of the list and would not be disappointed.

Thanks Jim and Stan for the tip on Amalfi Coast Yacht. I knew it would be pricey but I want to experience the Amalfi coast with as little hassle/crowds/traffic/waiting time as possible. Sounds like the coast road is bumper to bumper in the summer/ I live in L.A. so I want to get away from that. Will definitely check them out. I will also post this question on the port specific section so thanks for that info as well. Still glad to hear from others on this question. Rich

Thanks Jim and Stan for the tip on Amalfi Coast Yacht. I knew it would be pricey but I want to experience the Amalfi coast with as little hassle/crowds/traffic/waiting time as possible. Sounds like the coast road is bumper to bumper in the summer/ I live in L.A. so I want to get away from that. Will definitely check them out. I will also post this question on the port specific section so thanks for that info as well. Still glad to hear from others on this question. Rich

Christensen-motor-yacht-LADY-JOY-665x405.jpg If you do decide to go for it, I would strongly suggest that you invite another couple or two, and let LDV do the catering.

• 4 months later...
Christensen-motor-yacht-LADY-JOY-665x405.jpg If you do decide to go for it, I would strongly suggest that you invite another couple or two, and let LDV do the catering.

Jim and Stan - did you do this cruise on your own or did you share the experience? Which yacht were you on? My husband and I are tempted to do this on our own.

It looks amazing.

Kellie-

We were the guests of another couple, who were celebrating a milestone anniversary. They arranged for this gorgeous luncheon for six and then a fourth couple joined us for a perfectly amazing tour of what LDV called "the "unseen Amalfi Coast".

AMALFI-1024x688.jpg

I believe that the yacht that our friends chartered was called "La Dolce Vita", just like the charter company. Sadly, I understand that she isn't sailing for LDV any longer.

I called them, and apparently "Leopard" would be the closest match to wahat we had:

Leopardcruise1.jpgHope that this helped~

Hi Jim & Stan, thanks so much for that information. I have a milestone birthday on this trip so this seems a perfect way to celebrate. I have emailed the company so hopefully I have not left it too late.

Kellie:)

Hi Jim & Stan, thanks so much for that information. I have a milestone birthday on this trip so this seems a perfect way to celebrate. I have emailed the company so hopefully I have not left it too late.

Kellie:)

Bonjour from Lise&Bill...if you go onto Capri, rent a driver/convertible for an hour or so..have fun on your your milestone birthday cruise, regards to Len.

Archived